How to change default web searches

By default, in the absence of a keyword, Alfred offers me Google, Amazon and Wikipedia to search for a term (that isn't an app name).

How can I either add to this list (to make further searches available with cmd-<numeral>), or change it (eg. to replace Google with DuckDuckGo).

I realise I can use keywords to select different searches, but I'd prefer a different set of defaults.

By default, in the absence of a keyword, Alfred offers me Google, Amazon and Wikipedia to search for a term (that isn't an app name).

How can I either add to this list (to make further searches available with cmd-<numeral>), or change it (eg. to replace Google with DuckDuckGo).

I realise I can use keywords to select different searches, but I'd prefer a different set of defaults.

Check out the 'Setup fallback results' button toward the bottom of 'Features > Default Results' :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...
On 4/18/2013 at 9:23 PM, guitarplayer08 said:

What if I want the first default fallback option as the Dictionary app? Anyone knows how to set that up?

So it would be Dictionary, Google, Amazon and Wikipedia

Super old question but exactly what I wanted to do so here's the solution I found in case others are looking.

This is on a Mac running Big Sur.

Set Search URL to 

dict://{query}

Solution source:

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/90040/look-up-a-word-in-dictionary-app-in-terminal

Screenshot 2022-03-11 at 11.20.49.png

Edited by James Hobson