Pinning Clipboard Viewer

JJJJ

Hello All,

What I like about alfred clipboard history is I can paste any item quickly with cmd+1, cmd+2 etc.. However, sometimes I have to paste many items to a single window and I don't want to open clipboard viewer everytime. My feature suggestion is an option to pin the clipboard viewer to the screen. Then, I can turn that option on and I can use cmd+# to paste several items quickly without bothering opening the clipboard viewer each time. I would really like to hear opinions about this suggestion.

Edited by JJJJ

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, deanishe said:

Perhaps there could be alternative hotkeys, say ⌥↩ and ⌥⌘#, to paste the selected item and keep the window open?

This would do the same for me since there is no use for ⌥ in the clipboard viewer now.

9 hours ago, JJJJ said:

This would do the same for me since there is no use for ⌥ in the clipboard viewer now.

It's similar, but you don't have to (can't) explicitly pin/unpin the clipboard viewer. Alfred could also automatically select the next entry when you paste but don't close the clipboard viewer.

20 hours ago, deanishe said:

It's similar, but you don't have to (can't) explicitly pin/unpin the clipboard viewer. Alfred could also automatically select the next entry when you paste but don't close the clipboard viewer.

Yes, then it could be even faster in that way because I can only press ⌥↩  and paste an item after an item since Alfred would paste and select the next result.

i would opt even for button in the top right corner. and it was just click and it pinned the viewer (and preferably  keyboard shortcut) that keeps it on top while selecting other windows(terminal windows).

my use case is little different. I don't often pick sequential items. i search for different strings of copied info (generally commands, config statements).

On 1/24/2022 at 6:33 PM, Andrew said:

The Alfred window has to hide to allow macOS to know which app the paste is intended for.

If Alfred's window was "pinned" to remain on screen, macOS treats it as the focused responder, and therefore the target for a paste operation.

What do you think about holding ⌥ to paste and keep the clipboard window open? There is no use for ⌥ in clipboard viewer now, and it can be Alfred's way for sequential paste if it pastes and selects the new item while keeping the window open.

Edited by JJJJ

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2022 at 4:33 PM, Andrew said:

The Alfred window has to hide to allow macOS to know which app the paste is intended for.

If Alfred's window was "pinned" to remain on screen, macOS treats it as the focused responder, and therefore the target for a paste operation.

+1

This would be very helpful when working on extremely repetitive copy-paste tasks.

Maybe, an option could be to trigger this behaviour using the ⌥ key, as JJJJ mentioned. But, if the clipboard viewer has to close to trigger the focus change, using ⌥ would reopen automatically the clipboard viewer, removing the need to use the shortcut again.

Would that be possible?