Defining keywords for specific apps

Another newbie question (Alfred have been installed about 24 hours :) ): I'm used to certain "keywords"/shortcuts from Launchbar, for example 'ff' for firefox, 'gj' a one site specific browser and 'gjo' for another.

I can teach Launchbar which app to use by typing the keyword and then select which app I wanted (if it doesn't list the correct one first).

How can I do something similar in Alfred?

Another newbie question (Alfred have been installed about 24 hours :) ): I'm used to certain "keywords"/shortcuts from Launchbar, for example 'ff' for firefox, 'gj' a one site specific browser and 'gjo' for another.

I can teach Launchbar which app to use by typing the keyword and then select which app I wanted (if it doesn't list the correct one first).

How can I do something similar in Alfred?

Firefox is a bit of an anomaly for Alfred's default fuzzy algorithm, which works from capital letters. You can either change the fuzzy mode in Alfred's Advanced prefs, but this will noise up the results a little, or add a spotlight comment of 'ff' for Firefox which will keep Alfred's main results more tidy but find Firefox.

As for keywords and websites, you can do this with either setting up a custom search for just a website, or with workflows where you can assign keywords to just about anything (including multiple actions from a single workflow)

OK, I'll see if I can figure out a good way to do this (or change my habits)

As for 'gj' and 'gjo', they are site specific browsers (each using it's own set of login info etc) but I'll figure out some way of handling this.

If you use a Workflow, use the "Open custom url in specified browser" template (from the [+] button), and you can assign a keyword with no argument to open a URL in the selected browser :)

OK, I'll see if I can figure out a good way to do this (or change my habits)

As for 'gj' and 'gjo', they are site specific browsers (each using it's own set of login info etc) but I'll figure out some way of handling this.

Or you can just create a workflow. Setup three keywords (that take no argument) and attach each to a unique action to Launch Apps. Drag the application you want to launch into each Launch Apps action. Problem solved.