Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
forgethisname

Some contacts not found

Recommended Posts

On searching for a contact (VCF can be downloaded here: http://cl.ly/3m1v161O1O2z) - the contact was not found. It is being indexed by Spotlight and I can find the same contact by searching for the same term in Contacts app and in Spotlight (and Cobook app). Most contacts can be found succesfully.

 

If I edit the "company" name to "middle" I'm able to find the contact successfully.

 

I am able to replicate. I have tried rebuilding my Spotlight index, Clearing OSX metadata and Clear application cache and restarting.

 

Here's a screenshot of Alfred *not* finding the contact: http://cl.ly/image/3F2Y1Z0K0Q2y

 

Here's a screenshot of Contacts app finding the same contact: http://cl.ly/image/3S3H2a051k1s

 

Here's a screenshot of Spotlight finding the same contact: http://cl.ly/image/2z222X2J461Y

 

Any help would be most gratefully received, thanks

 

Alfred version & build number: v2.0.2 (178)

OS X version: 10.8.3

Share this post


Link to post
On searching for a contact (VCF can be downloaded here: http://cl.ly/3m1v161O1O2z) - the contact was not found. It is being indexed by Spotlight and I can find the same contact by searching for the same term in Contacts app and in Spotlight (and Cobook app). Most contacts can be found succesfully.
 
If I edit the "company" name to "middle" I'm able to find the contact successfully.
 
I am able to replicate. I have tried rebuilding my Spotlight index, Clearing OSX metadata and Clear application cache and restarting.
 
Here's a screenshot of Alfred *not* finding the contact: http://cl.ly/image/3F2Y1Z0K0Q2y
 
Here's a screenshot of Contacts app finding the same contact: http://cl.ly/image/3S3H2a051k1s
 
Here's a screenshot of Spotlight finding the same contact: http://cl.ly/image/2z222X2J461Y
 
Any help would be most gratefully received, thanks
 
Alfred version & build number: v2.0.2 (178)
OS X version: 10.8.3

 

Essentially, the contact card is populated incorrectly.

 

Alfred does more refined queries over the data, so by using the last name field as the company name, type and address, then Alfred won't find it (this keeps Alfred's results less busy).

 

Having said that, Alfred allows more flexibility in the company name field when searching though, which is why copying "Incuna - Branding - 16 Middle Way" will be found using the correct field. If you tick the "Company" tickbox in Contacts.app, it will show the company name at the top, so the company looks the same while being correctly populated.

 

I'm going to move this to 'noted' for now as I prefer that Alfred uses more specific / accurate querying over the contact names. I will be interested if others make a comment on it.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks Andrew. You wouldn't be able to suggest a workaround would you? Since this behaviour is different to the previous version of Alfred and I rely on it as part of my workflow.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks Andrew. You wouldn't be able to suggest a workaround would you? Since this behaviour is different to the previous version of Alfred and I rely on it as part of my workflow.

 

If you aren't looking to fix the contact cards as above, one option could be to create a workflow with a file filter for the contacts metadata. I've thrown together a v1 style contacts filter with keyword 'c' which will find these contacts (but not open them in Alfred's contact viewer) e.g.

 

c middle

 

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6749767/Alfred/Workflows/Contacts%20filter%20like%20v1.alfredworkflow

Share this post


Link to post
Saludos,

 

Cuando un contacto tiene dos nombres y estos son capturados en un mismo campo, alfred no encuentra al contacto si la busqueda se hace por el segundo nombre. Esto se corrige capturando cada nombre en un campo diferente (Primer nombre, segundo nombre) pero si el contacto tiene mas de dos nombre el problema persiste.

 

Lo mismo sucede con los apellido, ya que estos solo se pueden capturar en un campo, no hay forma de solucionar el problema.

 

-------------

 


regards,

 

When a contact has two names and these are captured in the same field, alfred not find the contact if the search is done by the middle name. This is corrected by capturing each in a different field name (First name, middle name) but if the contact has more than two names the problem persists.

 

The same goes for the last name, as these can only be captured in a field, there is no way to solve the problem.

Edited by Sysbo

Share this post


Link to post
Saludos,
 
When a contact has two names and these are captured in the same field, alfred not find the contact if the search is done by the middle name. This is corrected by capturing each in a different field name (First name, middle name) but if the contact has more than two names the problem persists.
 
The same goes for the last name, as these can only be captured in a field, there is no way to solve the problem.

 

If the filter above isn't working for you, I have a ticket which is going to look into pre-caching all contact details so Alfred can search using his own methods and work around these little quirks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...