Improve performance when Clipboard History contains files copied from network drives

xurc

Hello, I have a feature request for Alfred :D

Use case

I regularly copy files from network drives (e.g. SMB) mounted on my local machine. When using Alfred’s Clipboard History feature, Alfred would freeze shortly (from ~2s to ~10s, which I presume depends on various factors) if I go over these entries of files on network drives. I assume the freezing is a byproduct of Alfred trying to read those files (sometimes over suboptimal network conditions) when I go over the entries. This is undesirable to me because more often than not, I’m just going over these file history entries when trying to access and paste an earlier entry, and thus it is unnecessary and inefficient for Alfred to actually read the content of those files.

Proposed solution

Perhaps it would be better for Alfred to just treat file entries in the Clipboard History as file paths, and only try to actually read the content of the files when the user explicitly wants to paste files from the Clipboard History? I hope this feature request makes some sense since I don’t understand the inner workings. Thank you in advance.

Edited by xurc

• xurc changed the title to Improve performance when Clipboard History contains files copied from network drives