Is there a workflow that lets you search DuckDuckGo with relevant results?

Yes I know this exists already in some form - BUT - Does a workflow like this exist that does this, except it uses your history to show what your browser would show you when you're making a search. Relevant search queries based on your search history & not the vanilla results someone that someone would get when they use the search engine for the first time.

For those curious - Here's the DuckDuckGo workflow that gives vanilla search suggestions from Alfred.

https://github.com/lorenzschmid/alfred-ddgnext

5 minutes ago, deanishe said:

You want a workflow that implements its own search history?

If at all possible - Or one that uses your own history and spits back the results identically to a browser. I do my best to search the web exclusively with Alfred so it forces me to save time. I'm trying to see if there is a workflow that behaves like the browser's own search bar. I'm sure something like that must exist I'm just not looking in the right places.

Thanks!

48 minutes ago, Undertaker01 said:

I'm sure something like that must exist

You seem to be under the impression that it would be simple to read your browser history and replicate its search behaviour. That’s an incorrect assumption.

A Workflow with its own search history is far more realistic, but even that takes effort. It might certainly exist, but it’s far from a foregone conclusion that it does.

13 minutes ago, vitor said:

You seem to be under the impression that it would be simple to read your browser history and replicate its search behavior. That’s an incorrect assumption.

A Workflow with its own search history is far more realistic, but even that takes effort. It might certainly exist, but it’s far from a foregone conclusion that it does.

I have a workflow that searches my brave history and displays it - Maybe it could use that as the history? I'm not sure, if it's too much it's too much. Perhaps it would be too much work just for a little convenience. 

Maybe I can search around some more. I've been trying to find more workflows - I already have hundreds but there's always more!

Do you guys know of any more websites/githubs with libraries of workflows besides these ones?

https://www.alfredworkflows.store/

http://www.packal.org/

I'm just after ANYTHING that can speed up non productive tasks. Anything I'd have to think about/do that can otherwise be automated frees up the brain to think of other, more important things. If I make little optimizations across everything I'd ever do I can get many times more work done in a given amount of time and that's always the goal, right?

Thanks so much by the way! I've gotten to the point with Alfred that when I have to restart it (very rarely) my brain short circuits and I'm like: Can't...launch...Alfred...with...Alfred.

53 minutes ago, Undertaker01 said:

Perhaps it would be too much work just for a little convenience.

This, probably. It's not just fetching your browser history, but combining the results with those from the search engine, and then figuring out how to make that work well with Alfred's own sorting.

It's absolutely doable (depending on your browser), but so far nobody has cared enough to build it (well, release it).

56 minutes ago, Undertaker01 said:

Can't...launch...Alfred...with...Alfred

Every single time. I quit Alfred, then try to open Alfred in order to run Alfred. Then I panic for a bit while I try to remember how else to launch apps. Eventually, I remember I can double-click in Finder or run them from a shell, then I immediately try to open Alfred in order to launch Finder or iTerm, so I can launch Alfred…

2 minutes ago, deanishe said:

Every single time. I quit Alfred, then try to open Alfred in order to run Alfred. Then I panic for a bit while I try to remember how else to launch apps. Eventually, I remember I can double-click in Finder or run them from a shell, then I immediately try to open Alfred in order to launch Finder or iTerm, so I can launch Alfred…

There's a restart application workflow I just tried and Alfred quit itself but didn't restart itself lol