Is it possible to disable a single workflow object within a given workflow?

I'm making a workflow for my commonly used websites & adding action modifiers to them so I can open website, open website in new window & so on. Sometimes I come across something in the workflow I want to disable but leave connected to the rest of the workflow. This is because I'm building multiple individual workflows within this single one and It would make managing it simpler. 

I don't know if what I'm doing is even the best way to do it. But so far this is what I've found to work. I use the key combo object so I can more easily tell which workflow it is because having a note on every single one would not speed things up. I also noticed that it seems to open my history faster than an open url object or having the script do it. But I could be imagining it.

Am I correct in calling the blocks of a workflow a workflow object? And for the sake of accuracy when describing parts of a workflow that are apart from each other what term should I use to describe it?

In short: I want to be able to leave a block attached to a workflow, not have to modify it, and have the workflow ignore that string.

Thanks!

1719429406_ScreenShot2021-12-29at4_57_14AM.png.a40b256e23ff20683c5e3df0d60dc0d5.png

2 hours ago, Undertaker01 said:

Am I correct in calling the blocks of a workflow a workflow object?

I don't think there's an official term. All the docs talk about Inputs, Utilities, Actions etc. I usually say "workflow element".

And for the sake of accuracy when describing parts of a workflow that are apart from each other what term should I use to describe it?

As a rule, if the workflow you're talking about exists, don't describe it, upload it somewhere and post a link.

I want to be able to leave a block attached to a workflow, not have to modify it, and have the workflow ignore that string

Can't be done. You can disable an entire workflow, but not individual elements within it. To disable an element, you either need to delete its keyword/hotkey or its incoming connections.

36 minutes ago, deanishe said:

Can't be done. You can disable an entire workflow, but not individual elements within it. To disable an element, you either need to delete its keyword/hotkey or its incoming connections.

Do you think that's something that would be practical to add to Alfred? It may be helpful with experimenting when building workflows.

On 12/29/2021 at 4:12 PM, deanishe said:

It’s not really clear from your first post why being able to disable an element would be useful. You say you want to disable something, but do you need to? What problems does leaving it enabled cause?

My use case would be for creating workflows and messing around with different ways of having the workflow run. Instead of deleting the attachment to an object I could disable the block itself. Perhaps I want this feature because I frequently do this in Final Cut Pro when experimenting with versions of an edit. And in the screenshot I wanted to keep that url block attached (disabled) to be able to switch the command + y to the URL if the command + y stops working properly. It would save me time over having to remember that I'd have to use the history URL as an alternative to command + y. It's not that huge of a deal but I've recently been trying to optimize everything, and small optimizations tend to add up. Sorry of my question is a little out there! 

Thanks!