Alfred Not Correctly Inputting Numpad Key Combo in keystroke action

When I specifically select "Numpad 3" in Alfred for the "dispatch key combo", the output is not Numpad 3. It's supposed to be triggering a Moom window layout with ⌃⌥⇧⌘#3 but instead it outputs ⌃⌥⇧⌘3 and does not activate the Moom layout. As a workaround I made a multi action on my Stream Deck for it to trigger the workflow and then I have the Stream Deck output the key combo and the Stream Deck correctly outputs the ⌃⌥⇧⌘#3 keystroke. I suppose an Applescript would also be a suitable workaround for those without a Stream Deck. 

Am I doing something wrong?

2003935143_ScreenShot2021-12-29at10_41_04AM.png.de37924ec40b81b8dd5a578d8c61f19e.png

I've never ran into issues before, It's possible it's not recognizing the keypress from my keyboard as being on the numpad. I thought that was the system's job to tell it that but I don't know. The keyboard I use is the one Apple made in 2003 - I like how it types. I remember seeing a website that made the design in mechanical form for a more modern keyboard but I can't seem to find it. Anyway that's all I can think of because when I setup the hotkey trigger using my modifiers and any of the keys on the numpad it results in pressing the regular number key for whatever key I select and the same thing with manually telling it to use the numpad as I demonstrated in the screenshot above. That actually was a key combo action I think but it's the same for hotkey triggers too. I'm not sure, if nobody has an answer I'll just live with it and maybe someday it will fix itself.

4 hours ago, deanishe said:

I loved those keyboards. Apple keyboards used to be amazing.

I agree! And the one I use had a keyboard cover on it for 15 or so years and it's still blinding white. It matches the magic mouse I use - which is good for real work.

4 hours ago, deanishe said:

The screenshot I posted above is from Key Codes.

I downloaded that the other day. I should have thought of that.

706125680_ScreenShot2021-12-31at5_52_52AM.png.ff7a94d3f2bb84d4cfa868912b60d458.png

First I pressed numpad 1 - second I pressed number 1. It appears to recognize the key just fine.

Okay that appears to do it. But why within Alfred it says 1 and not #1? This is what I used to get the result #1 in Keycodes:

679349785_ScreenShot2021-12-31at6_02_26AM.png.12d692543b74c08be3f2ba334cc4c231.png906629522_ScreenShot2021-12-31at6_02_39AM.png.ec4bfc3f22d5a9079320e6dfa5a08a92.png

F14 = Numpad 1

F15 = Number 1

(as far as I can tell) There is literally no way to tell without Key Codes that Alfred is pressing numpad 1 when I press f14

818877332_ScreenShot2021-12-31at6_04_25AM.png.412a2a381e5fa9e89bc310e66f232db4.png948254254_ScreenShot2021-12-31at6_03_58AM.png.fe4b8d5b2500eb953ad8f79d4f1f8b67.png

And that doesn't change that when I'm trying to tell Alfred to dispatch a key combo (like Shift+CMD+Option+Numpad 4) Moom doesn't recognize the keystroke coming from Alfred and it does nothing. Is that because Alfred tells the frontmost app the key combo and doesn't tell a global application? Is there a way around that?

1 hour ago, Undertaker01 said:

There is literally no way to tell without Key Codes that Alfred is pressing numpad 1 when I press f14

Well, the right-click menu will tell you, but point taken. They shouldn't look the same.

1 hour ago, Undertaker01 said:

Is that because Alfred tells the frontmost app the key combo and doesn't tell a global application?

No. It shouldn't make any difference. Key Codes shows that Alfred is doing what it's supposed to do. It sounds like the issue's on Moom's side.

14 hours ago, deanishe said:

No. It shouldn't make any difference. Key Codes shows that Alfred is doing what it's supposed to do. It sounds like the issue's on Moom's side.

Noted. I'll experiment more tomorrow and see if I can get it to work. But I doubt it because I've already tried quite a bit before posting this. 

Thanks for the help! Happy new year!

6 hours ago, Undertaker01 said:

Noted. I'll experiment more tomorrow and see if I can get it to work. But I doubt it because I've already tried quite a bit before posting this. 

Thanks for the help! Happy new year!

I'd ask the Moom developers, tbh. I mean, they wrote both Moom and Key Codes, so they're the best people to explain why they appear to be seeing different keypress events.

Happy New Year to you, too!