Ghost/wrong results for a fraction of time

vBAq

Hello all,

when I type a keyword followed by a value to open a specific URL (the URL is built using the value I type after the keyword – it's "bug XXXX" which opens a the defect web page for defect XXX), I somehow have as first result some file I opened recently for example, and after half a second, the correct action is selected to opening the URL.

So, if I press enter immediately, it opens some recent file instead of opening the URL.

Anybody else has this? Any workaround?

The weird thing is, the file name has nothing to do with the keyword most of the time, so I do not understand why it pops up at the top of the list, even if it's just for half a second...

macOS Monterey 12.1.0
Alfred 4.6.1

3 hours ago, hobbes444 said:

when I type a keyword followed by a value to open a specific URL

Just typing in a keyword doesn't restrict search results to that workflow. It's impossible to say without any actual data, but the most likely explanation is that the files do indeed match your search query.

the correct action is selected to opening the URL

As far as Alfred is concerned, the "correct" result is the one you keep actioning for that search query. Whenever you choose the wrong result, you're teaching Alfred to prefer it.

Anybody else has this? Any workaround?

Sounds like normal behaviour, tbh. The "workaround" is to check the right thing is selected before you action it.

Edited by deanishe
49 minutes ago, hobbes444 said:

I wish this would be faster

You can make Alfred's default search faster and more stable by removing some items and putting them behind a keyword instead.

If you're trying to access a workflow's results, give it a unique keyword that won't match anything else. Starting keywords with a full stop or comma is a good trick.