[Solved] imported collections show 0 snippets

2 hours ago, mickeyr said:

When I import one of the suggested collections of snippets, I uncheck strip autoexpand option, and set automatically expand snippets by keyword.  But, the collections always show 0 snippets, even though the file size is 500k, or so.

As @deanishe said, please provide more information so that we can help you further.

Having said that, also please check whether you're using any tools or browser plugins that manipulate files upon download, such as a third-party unzipper which might think the snippet collection is a zipped file.

Disable these tools and try again, and let us know how you get on :)

3 hours ago, deanishe said:

You're gonna need to tell us which one if you want an answer instead of a guess.

Sorry for not giving the information.  I have tried to import two of them: Currency Symbols and Emoji Pack.  Both exhibit the same characteristics that I described in my OP.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Vero said:

As @deanishe said, please provide more information so that we can help you further.

Having said that, also please check whether you're using any tools or browser plugins that manipulate files upon download, such as a third-party unzipper which might think the snippet collection is a zipped file.

Disable these tools and try again, and let us know how you get on :)

Thanks for your quick reply.  I don't know of any unzipper or equivalent.  I do have browser plugins: ublock and provacy badger.  But, I am accessing the files directly from Alfred.  I'm a newbie to macOS, after many years of DOS and windows.

16 minutes ago, deanishe said:

There's nothing wrong with the files. How exactly are you downloading and importing them?

Thanks for your continuing help.  As I was slowly going through my procedure and taking screen shots for you, the snippets appeared in Alfred as I thought they should.  I must have been doing something wrong.  I feel like a dummy...sorry to take your and Vero's time for something that I was doing wrong.

Thanks, again.

• Vero changed the title to [Solved] imported collections show 0 snippets