Shortened path for new OneDrive synched locations

xgo

Microsoft's OneDrive recently changed their sync location, now making this obligatory through a user's library vs. directly in a home directory:

Inside the new Files On-Demand Experience on macOS 

The new path to "get started" in OneDrive's personal directory is:

~/Library/CloudStorage/OneDrive-Personal

Even worse, for corporate synched shared libraries, 

~/CloudStorage/OneDrive-SharedLibraries-<CompanyName>

These paths are super long and prevent to see the "meat" of paths when searching for files in Alfred:

1537409327_Xnip2022-01-27_10-47-26.jpg2022-01-2710-51-52.png.c6fb310981e02344843ed283ead2bf89.png

It would be great to be able to set an alias or shortcut in the returned path to abstract that absolute "start point" of ~/Library/CloudStorage to allow for more visibility into the relevant path information for the search results.

For example, an Alfred setting that replaces a user-configurable path (e.g."~/CloudStorage/OneDrive-SharedLibraries-<CompanyName>") with a user configurable text (e.g. "Sharepoint Shared"). This would not modify actions like 'copy path' but simply the navigation through files. 

Another potential solution to this problem would be to have a setting or a keyboard modifier to switch from showing "start of path" to "end of path" while displaying Alfred file search results ie. instead of 

~/Library/CloudStorage/OneDrive-SharedLibraries-<CompanyName>/Folder1/... (last part can't be seen)

show

(first part is hidden) .../Folder1/<Rest of path>

I do see the value in shortening the prefix of certain paths, especially now that macOS 12 is pushing cloud drive solutions into the ~/Library/CloudDrive/... folder.

For now, I'm going to abbreviate this path to ☁️/... and I'll consider a more thorough solution in the future.

Cheers,

Andrew