How can I switch position of the two frontmost windows with workflow

I use magnet to move the windows around on my mac, I also use scripting when opening applications with Alfred to determine a window's position when it launches. It would be useful to be able to switch the position of the frontmost windows on the mouse screen. So, the window on the left half of screen would go to the right half and the one on the right half would go to the left half. Can this be done?

Thanks!

This sounds like a feature request for Magnet. Technically you could use AppleScript via Alfred to move the windows to new positions, though figuring out which windows to move might be tricky (maybe not, since apparently you’re already keeping track).

But if you’re already using a window manager to do specific things, using it for that step would make sense.

28 minutes ago, vitor said:

This sounds like a feature request for Magnet. Technically you could use AppleScript via Alfred to move the windows to new positions, though figuring out which windows to move might be tricky (maybe not, since apparently you’re already keeping track).

But if you’re already using a window manager to do specific things, using it for that step would make sense.

I might be able to figure out a kbm macro for doing this, as long as the windows I'm trying to switch are the ones that have been most recently activated it shouldn't be too difficult to do. I have several window managers installed and I don't think any of them offer this feature and I don't know of any that do, but if anyone knows of something that offers this I would be interested.