Making Python 2 Workflows work on macOS Monterey 12.3 and above

• 3 weeks later...

Hey@giovanniI see you're using this fork of the Alfred-Workflow library in the workflows you ported to Python 3. There's an issue in this fork regarding the default_settings parameter of the Workflow class which doesn’t seem to work. You get a KeyError by running this code:

from workflow import Workflow

wf = Workflow(default_settings={"arg1": "value1"})
print(wf.settings["arg1"])

Have you ever faced this issue or have any idea on how to fix it? I have my own fork of deanishe's library which is being used by some people and I'm interested to fix this issue.

Edited by xilopaint
On 1/15/2023 at 2:12 PM, xilopaint said:

Hey@giovanniI see you're using this fork of the Alfred-Workflow library in the workflows you ported to Python 3. There's an issue in this fork regarding the default_settings parameter of the Workflow class which doesn’t seem to work. You get a KeyError by running this code:

from workflow import Workflow

wf = Workflow(default_settings={"arg1": "value1"})
print(wf.settings["arg1"])

Have you ever faced this issue or have any idea on how to fix it? I have my own fork of deanishe's library which is being used by some people and I'm interested to fix this issue.

@vitordo you have Python 2 installed? If so, could you check if this code works with deanishe's library?

• 5 months later...