PHP and date (json)

I'm still learning everything...literally. Alfred, php, json. I managed to finally get my workflow to POST to my Planka kanboard as a new card. However, I'm now trying to get the card's "due date" populated. For that I need it in json format like this:

$dueDate = "2022-03-12T21:00:00"

Bsically, how can I make $dueDate dynamic based on Now and Los Angeles?

The above works but obviously I need that to be Now (and ideally as Americas\Los_Angeles). The only stuff I can find is to add a class to my script---but I wasn't able to get that to work. Hoping someone has done this before and can just copy/paste something that magically works. Hope I'm asking this right---I'm a bit confused after googling.

• 2 months later...

The JSON specification does not specify a format for exchanging dates which is why there are so many different ways to do it.  JSON does not know anything about dates. What .NET does is a non-standard hack/extension. The problem with  JSON date and really JavaScript in general – is that there’s no equivalent literal representation for dates. In JavaScript following Date constructor straight away converts the milliseconds since 1970 to Date as follows:

var jsonDate = new Date(1297246301973);

Then let’s convert it to js format:

var date = new Date(parseInt(jsonDate.substr(6)));

The substr() function takes out the /Date( part, and the parseInt() function gets the integer and ignores the )/ at the end. The resulting number is passed into the Date constructor .