Copy Path to Clipboard - Remove "/System/Volumes/Data"?

Hi:

With macOS Catalina introduces a new file system layout. Where previous macOS Mojave and earlier had one filesystem that combines the system and user data, macOS Catalina has a read-only system volume and a read-write user volume interleaved on a folder by folder basis using firmlinks. 

For example, when I type in a application name, it shows the path as...

/Applications/Programming/Docker.app

But, when I select "Copy Path to Clipboard" it includes the "/System/Volumes/Data" in the path

/System/Volumes/Data/Applications/Programming/Docker.app

Is there anyway to remove this from the "Copy Path to Clipboard" feature? Like a relative path vs absolute path version?

Edited by uurazzle
Added code to appropriate sections
  • 3 months later...

Any feedback on this? I downloaded Alfred 5.5.0 and still the same issue fix the copy path to exclude "

/Applications/Programming/Docker.app

Or add support for relative and absolute paths?

On 4/7/2022 at 9:08 PM, uurazzle said:

Is there anyway to remove this from the "Copy Path to Clipboard" feature? Like a relative path vs absolute path version?

Those are different things. Both /Applications/Programming/Docker.app and /System/Volumes/Data/Applications/Programming/Docker.app are absolute paths. A relative path depends on the directory one is at the time. For example. If you were in /System/Volumes, to get to the first path you’d do ../../Applications/Programming/Docker.app.

Alfred shows those paths because they are the real locations on the filesystem; it is necessary that they be accurate so they work for different uses.

You can make a Workflow to copy paths without the /System/Volumes/Data without writing code. Like so.

• 2 months later...
On 7/14/2022 at 11:54 PM, vitor said:

You can make a Workflow to copy paths without the /System/Volumes/Data without writing code. Like so.

Thank you for sharing this workflow! 

Exactly what I needed, and helped me understand more about Alfred's worfklow logic and Actions. 

Very much appreciated.