1Password — Search and open 1Password items

=============

FIXED IT!!

I was using a very old custom script to launch iterm2 - I updated to the one on Github and it is now working

=============

Hi,

I've just upgraded to 1Password8 and am updating the integration.  It seems to be installed but If I choose an action that is supposed to display a terminal nothing happens.

I turned on debug and found the script that the original setup action was creating: /var/folders/sh/ts05sxgs0cv0g0_nmzgsxff563b40q/T/tmp.6WnZ2HEp.

I opened iterm2 manually and ran the script from there and I have 1password account connected.

However if I now go to :1pextra and choose 'force update...':
image.thumb.png.e51c83832ab60584a1fd72c8ffe00f99.png

I still don't get a terminal prompt.

On a whim I went and checked terminal settings in Alfred and they were set to custom to launch iTerm2.   I just changed these to default to terminal and the actions now seem to be working.

Is there a way to get your flow to work with custom?

Edited by cannfoddr

Hello, I enabled the 1Password integration in Alfred.  When I launch the Alfred command bar and type "1p" in, I'm prompted to sign in with an account.

As I proceed with the sign on and enter all necessary info, I receive a response back saying it cannot access the database:

Updating items list. It will take a few seconds to complete.
You may close the terminal at any time.
..Error: unable to open database "/Users/jasond/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application Support/1Password/Data/1password.sqlite": unable to open database file

How do you fix this issue?

Please advise,

Jason

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed an update was alreday created for opening the links inside a 1PW login which has been great. 

ONe thing that seems missing and it very well could be I am just missing a setting is with the previous 1PW integreation you didn't need to use a keyword before the search (1p) now, I am trying to break a habit for about 5 years for 1PW searshes and I keep forgettign the keyword.

Is there anyway to just have 1PW items appear in search results like the old integreaiton or is that limited since this is a workflow and not a built-in integreation. 

Edited by Bemawr
2 hours ago, vitor said:

Correct. But the Workflow supports invoking via Keyword and Fallback Searches, which is close.

Ahh bummer to take a step back (not a knot at the workflow creator at all but just in general) I am trying to avoid the keyboard if I commit the muscle memory to learning a new keystroke the 1Password QuickAccess might be a better option.

I am not familiar with Fallback search so I'll look into that first. Thank you!

Not sure if this should go into it's only topic, but I can't get the Workflow to run the sign-in process to update the items. It's not initiating the command in the terminal. I've tried manually installing the 1password command line tools and signing in there but it makes no difference.

• 1p
  • select "Sign in and update items"
  • expect: terminal (iTerm2) to be opened and be asked to sign in followed by items being updated
  • actual: nothing

Diagnostic output

### Workflow version

### Alfred version

### macOS version

### Architecture
arm64

### Workflow environment variables
Dict {
    auto_refresh = 1
    logins_only = 0
    hostnames_only = 1
}

### 1Password version

### op version
In Workflow: 2.2.0
In /usr/local: 2.3.0

### Biometric unlock
NOT enabled

### Custom terminal feature
Enabled

### Launchd job
Loaded: -   0   com.alfredapp.1password
Installed

1 hour ago, jodrell said:

Not sure if this should go into it's only topic

Matters related to a Workflow should go into the Workflow’s thread. Making the post here was the right call.

You have custom code in Alfred Preferences → Features → Terminal. It may be outdated and not working. If you’re using iTerm2, check Custom Alfred iTerm Scripts. If you no longer care for it to be custom, set it to the default Terminal.

Hi Vitor,

The workflow functions properly when 1Password is unlocked but when it's locked, selecting a login takes me to its webpage and does nothing. It doesn't prompt me for my fingerprint or master password.

I tried completely reinstalling the workflow, 1Password and the 1Password CLI and starting from scratch but that didn't fix the issue for me.

Here is the output of the !1pdiagnostic command:

### Workflow version

### Alfred version

### macOS version

### Architecture
i386

Dict {
    auto_refresh = 1
    logins_only = 1
    hostnames_only = 1
}

### 1Password version

### op version
In /usr/local: 2.3.1

### Biometric unlock
Enabled

Enabled

### Launchd job
Loaded: -    0    com.alfredapp.1password
Installed

Edited by HeyitsPV
Added steps taken to fix the issue and put the diagnostic output into a code block

@vitor Yep, I have the 1Password browser extension installed. This workflow works flawlessly when my 1Password vault is unlocked.

The problems arise when I run the workflow with my 1Password in a locked state - the workflow doesn't prompt me for my master password or Touch ID so it does nothing other than open the login's website, as the vault is still locked.

It’s not the purview of the Workflow to unlock the 1Password app, nor does the app give external tools the ability to ask for that. Once the URL is sent to the browser, it’s out of the Workflow’s control and the 1Password extension is responsible for continuing the process. And you can unlock the 1Password app from inside the browser:

UXP0sRI.png

You could argue that the extension should offer to be unlocked when it detects a possible login, but 1Password must have their reasons to do it this way (either to increase security or as a technical limitation). Either way, everything is working as designed. If you want the behaviour to change, it would need to happen on 1Password’s side.

I cannot get this to work.  I think I've installed the right things and done them correctly.

after installing workflow and the CLI, invoking workflow does NOT result in command line.  it simply opens 1Password.

here is the diagnostic as requested, I hope this helps.

thank you in advance for the support

### Workflow version

### Alfred version

### macOS version

### Architecture

arm64

Dict {

auto_refresh = 1

logins_only = 0

hostnames_only = 1

}

### 1Password version

8.8.0-119.BETA

### op version

In /usr/local: 2.4.0

### Biometric unlock

NOT enabled

NOT enabled

### Launchd job

NOT loaded

NOT installed

Welcome @schwerd,

1 hour ago, schwerd said:

it simply opens 1Password.

That means you’re selecting the 1Password app in the results, not the Workflow. What you’re looking for should say “Sign in and update items”. Alternatively, run :1pextras followed by Force update items.

Edited by vitor

Hi, I can't log in as I get the following in Terminal:

[ERROR] 2022/06/10 17:41:26 cannot create directory "/Users/davidbier/.config/op" and the parent directories: mkdir /Users/davidbier/.config/op: permission denied

./1password.js: execution error: Error: SyntaxError: JSON Parse error: Unexpected EOF (-2700)

[ERROR] 2022/06/10 17:41:26 cannot create directory "/Users/davidbier/.config/op" and the parent directories: mkdir /Users/davidbier/.config/op: permission denied

./1password.js: execution error: Error: SyntaxError: JSON Parse error: Unexpected EOF (-2700)

/Users/davidbier/Dropbox/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.2188584F-CC60-49F0-8525-BAB76ADBC925/signin.zsh:16: command not found: ''

------------------------- IMPORTANT -------------------------

You have an old version of the 1Password command-line tool.

Install the latest version from:

https://1password.com/downloads/command-line/

Then run the Workflow again.

You may close the terminal.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I have visited the URL and updated the CLI.

i freshly installed my computer and tried to setup 1Password search workflow. 

1. 1p > "sign in and update items"

2. Opens items2 and stops with following error:

[ERROR] 2022/06/10 23:01:38 cannot read config at “/Users/john/.config/op/config”: Can’t continue. We can’t safely access “/Users/john/.config/op/config” because its permissions are too broad. Change its permissions to 600 and try again.
[ERROR] 2022/06/10 23:01:38 cannot read config at “/Users/john/.config/op/config”: Can’t continue. We can’t safely access “/Users/john/.config/op/config” because its permissions are too broad. Change its permissions to 600 and try again.
/Users/john/Dropbox/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.86868E59–5805–46C1-B622-DCC39DBC9E9D/signin.zsh:16: command not found: ''

@vitor You mean providing output of !1pdiagnostics ?

### Workflow version

### Alfred version

### macOS version

### Architecture
i386

Dict {
    auto_refresh = 1
    logins_only = 0
    hostnames_only = 1
}

### 1Password version

### op version
In /usr/local: 2.4.1

### Biometric unlock
NOT enabled

Enabled

### Launchd job
Loaded: -    0    com.alfredapp.1password
Installed

15 hours ago, Acidham said:

Have you done that? That’s the op CLI sending the message, not the Workflow. Did you copy that over?

chmod 600 /Users/john/.config/op/config

You shouldn’t be getting that specific message in the terminal, though. In the Workflow’s directory, what’s the output of ./1password.js op_path?

I did chmod 600 and now receiving 700 ツ

[ERROR] 2022/06/11 15:11:57 Can't continue. We can't safely access "/Users/john/.config/op" because its permissions are too broad. Change its permissions to 700 and try again.
[ERROR] 2022/06/11 15:11:57 Can't continue. We can't safely access "/Users/john/.config/op" because its permissions are too broad. Change its permissions to 700 and try again.
/Users/john/Dropbox/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.86868E59-5805-46C1-B622-DCC39DBC9E9D/signin.zsh:16: command not found: ''

with chmod 700... same error

When exec ./1password.js op_path I'm getting:

[ERROR] 2022/06/11 15:13:29 Can't continue. We can't safely access "/Users/john/.config/op" because its permissions are too broad. Change its permissions to 700 and try again.