1Password — Search and open 1Password items

17 minutes ago, Acidham said:

When exec ./1password.js op_path I'm getting

I need the result in the terminal itself, as run in the terminal, in the Workflow’s directory. If you’re getting debugger output, you’re not doing the right thing.

You haven’t answered if you copied .config/op over from the other Mac. Also, what’s the output of ls -l /Users/john/.config/op/config?

Finally, still in the Workflow’s directory, try /usr/local/bin/op account list and ./op account list. Do you get different results?

Edited by vitor

I ran ./1password.js op_path in the terminal, and I am receiving this:

[ERROR] 2022/06/11 15:40:37 Can't continue. We can't safely access "/Users/john/.config/op" because its permissions are too broad. Change its permissions to 700 and try again.
./1password.js: execution error: Error: SyntaxError: JSON Parse error: Unexpected EOF (-2700)

You haven’t answered if you copied .config/op over from the other Mac

Nope, freshly created or better, I deleted it when I encountered issues. Is there a way to change that location?

/usr/local/bin/op account list result:

[ERROR] 2022/06/11 15:43:01 Can't continue. We can't safely access "/Users/john/.config/op" because its permissions are too broad. Change its permissions to 700 and try again.

and ./op account list:

[ERROR] 2022/06/11 15:43:01 Can't continue. We can't safely access "/Users/john/.config/op" because its permissions are too broad. Change its permissions to 700 and try again.

Edited by Acidham
6 minutes ago, Acidham said:

Is there a way to change that location?

I doubt it, but that’s for 1Password to answer. The Workflow doesn’t care how 1Password does its thing, it only queries their command-line tool.

5 minutes ago, Acidham said:

/usr/local/bin/op account list result:

That confirms the issue is on 1Password’s side. Their command-line tool is not working on your machine, and without it the Workflow can’t function. You’ll have to ask them. You’re not the only one who has bumped into that error. Once you can run /usr/local/bin/op commands without an error, the Workflow will work too.

I installed the 1Password 8 workflow. Followed the instructions at https://www.alfredapp.com/help/features/1password/#1pw8.

The workflow is appearing in Alfred. The instructions state that Terminal should open. That did not happen. So I deleted the 1Password workflow in Alfred and started over. Still nothing happening with Terminal.

Alfred is not showing any 1Password login info. Only minimal info shown below. 

CleanShot-2022-06-15_15.44.23.png

35 minutes ago, vitor said:

Please provide the output of !1pdiagnostic, as requested.

Merging this with the Workflow’s thread.

### Workflow version
### Alfred version
### macOS version
### Architecture
arm64
### Workflow environment variables
Dict {
    auto_refresh = 1
    logins_only = 0
    hostnames_only = 1
}
### 1Password version
### op version
In Workflow: 2.2.0
In /usr/local: NOT installed
### Biometric unlock
NOT enabled
### Custom terminal feature
NOT enabled
### Launchd job
Loaded: -    0    com.alfredapp.1password
Installed

2 minutes ago, garyinsf said:

Video

Thank you. To clarify, you didn’t need to redownload it again, it was clear the Workflow was installed. But being thorough I better than not!

It’s weird that nothing has happened, though. Next step is to open the debugger, set the log output to “All Information”, perform the failing action, and post the output.

11 minutes ago, vitor said:

Thank you. To clarify, you didn’t need to redownload it again, it was clear the Workflow was installed. But being thorough I better than not!

It’s weird that nothing has happened, though. Next step is to open the debugger, set the log output to “All Information”, perform the failing action, and post the output.

[08:41:32.425] Logging Started...

[08:42:08.791] 1Password[Script Filter] Queuing argument '(null)'

[08:42:08.867] 1Password[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished

[08:42:08.871] 1Password[Script Filter] { "items": [{

"title": "Sign in and update items",

"subtitle": "Your terminal will open with instructions",

"arg": "update_items"

}] }

[08:42:13.806] 1Password[Script Filter] Processing complete

[08:42:13.808] 1Password[Script Filter] Passing output 'update_items' to Conditional

[08:42:13.809] 1Password[Conditional] Processing complete

[08:42:13.810] 1Password[Conditional] Passing output 'update_items' to Run Script

[08:42:13.820] 1Password[Run Script] Processing complete

[08:42:13.820] 1Password[Run Script] Passing output '/var/folders/t5/5x39fjtn661frq3h21d3nkkc0000gn/T/tmp.eP8Av4sD' to Terminal Command

[08:42:14.401] 1Password[Terminal Command] Processing complete

[08:42:14.406] 1Password[Terminal Command] Passing output '/var/folders/t5/5x39fjtn661frq3h21d3nkkc0000gn/T/tmp.eP8Av4sD' to Run Script

OMG I have no idea what's going on. I just installed this workflow 3 times and it finally gave me the option to open the terminal... and I typed yes and then the URL from my email and then my email and ti said it should work but when I type 1P in alfred I still  don't see anything except the actually 1Password app.

Is there a video or something that walks through this? Or steps written for non-programmers? 

I tried to go back to 1Password 7 and that apparently stopped working too.... So frustrating. 1Password suggested I just give up on Alfred and use their quick open, which is an option. I could use that for websites and passwords and go back to spotlight for opening apps and things, but I'm hoping there's some way to merge them together.

Alternately, is there a timeframe for it to "just work" in Alfred again? I saw a post saying it's "in development"... if it's soon I'm not going to beat my head against this any more.

2 hours ago, JasonMark said:

I just installed this workflow 3 times

Reinstalling the Workflow doesn’t change anything. If you’re looking to reset it, do :1pextrasReset accounts.

and I typed yes and then the URL from my email and then my email and ti said it should work but when I type 1P in alfred I still  don't see anything except the actually 1Password app.

To be able to help effectively, I’ll need exact messages. If you reset the Workflow and run it again, what’s the Terminal output? From your description, it sounds like authentication has failed. That step can indeed be a bit confusing, as 1Password’s tool asks for a lot of information (be sure you have the Emergency Kit on hand). Unfortunately, I have no control over that part.

Providing the diagnostics (run !1pdiagnostic and paste the output) saves a lot of back and forth as it’s made to identify common cases.

Is there a video or something that walks through this?

174138668-b44f029f-42d3-46d2-8040-58824c

Or steps written for non-programmers?

They are written for non-programmers. Problems setting it up are rare relative to the thousands of downloads it has. I’m always open to improving instructions (and the Workflow itself!), but to do so I need to understand what is tripping you up. I can’t fix what I don’t know.

I tried to go back to 1Password 7 and that apparently stopped working too

That’s working as it always did; nothing changed in that regard. Under Alfred Preferences → Features → 1Password you enable it by ticking Enable 1Password 7 Bookmarks [Deprecated]. Don’t forget to enable third-parties integration in 1Password itself.

and go back to spotlight for opening apps and things

I don’t see how that’s related. Are you having a problem with the Workflow or in general?

Alternately, is there a timeframe for it to "just work" in Alfred again?

Ideally it would work just like the previous native integration, but 1Password removed that with version 8 and now only provide a command-line tool for third-parties. I don’t want to send you to the Terminal to login, I have to because it’s the only avenue they give third-parties. I’d be quite eager to make it simpler, but am limited by what 1Password makes available.

Edited by vitor
Updated link to video

@garyinsf If that failed, either you have something aggressively deleting temporary files on you Mac or something weirder is going on. You’re the only report of it behaving that way so I don’t have data to explore further. As next steps, I’d check if you have any running “cleaner” apps or similar (which frequently delete too much) and update macOS (you’re not on the latest version). Other than that, you have to figure out what’s unique about your macOS installation because something external has to be causing it.

1 hour ago, vitor said:

@garyinsf If that failed, either you have something aggressively deleting temporary files on you Mac or something weirder is going on. You’re the only report of it behaving that way so I don’t have data to explore further. As next steps, I’d check if you have any running “cleaner” apps or similar (which frequently delete too much) and update macOS (you’re not on the latest version). Other than that, you have to figure out what’s unique about your macOS installation because something external has to be causing it.

I uninstalled 1Password completely and re-installed. That didn't do any good. 

How can I get back to point when I first installed the 1Password Alfred workflow? The setup selection no longer appears in Alfred. Is there a way of completely starting over?

image.thumb.png.c374ae27370dad3e0a4121b1352173b8.png

Also, I have CleanMyMac running but it shouldn't do anything unless I tell it to. 

Edited by garyinsf
2 hours ago, garyinsf said:

I uninstalled 1Password completely and re-installed. That didn't do any good.

Yes, that doesn’t change anything.

2 hours ago, garyinsf said:

Is there a way of completely starting over?

Yes. :1pextrasReset accounts. But I’ve noticed that as well and agree setup should still show in that case. I already have a fix for that which will be out in the next version. Here’s an early version.

• 2 weeks later...

I did a clean install of Alfred 5 and installed the 1Password workflow on my 2020 MacBook Air running the latest stable version of Monterey.

When I activate the 1Password workflow with 1p in Alfred's window and select the option to "Sign in and update items," Alfred just disappears without doing anything and will not reopen with the keyboard shortcut I assigned until I quit it.

Welcome @咖啡狂,

When asking about an existing Workflow, it’s best to use its own forum thread. While it may seem that starting a new thread could give your problem visibility, it fragments the discussion and makes it less likely the author and users of the workflow (the people who can help) will see it. I have moved your post to the correct location.

In addition, please never say “latest” but always the exact version. “Latest” can be wrong and doesn’t provide meaningful information to those seeing the issue later.

The Workflow wouldn’t stop Alfred from opening again. To be able to help, please provide the requested information, as well as the debugger output.

• 2 weeks later...