Cmd and Space Not Working

Just upgraded to Alfred v2, and for some reason I'm unable to use Cmd+Space as my shortcut.

This was working fine in Alfred v1 until I upgraded. I've tried:

• Checking it isn't being used by Spotlight
  • Checking it isn't being used in the language settings/switched
  • Opening Alfred v1, and changing the shortcut in there to something else

But no luck so far! Any ideas would be appreciated :-)

A restart didn't fix it for me, unfortunately. Though an install on another machine went fine.

Pretty sure it's because OS X still thinks that the key is bound to the previous Alfred install, but I'm not sure how I can fix that...

If Alfred v1 is quit, there won't be a latent binding as Alfred doesn't 'reserve' any of the hotkeys you use. When Alfred is being stopped from using a hotkey, it's OS X simply not feeding that hotkey to him for one reason or another. Sometimes, resetting and then unsetting the OS X defaults for cmd+space may help (listed here: http://support.alfredapp.com/kb:cmd-space).

Hmm... Just managed to fix it by trashing the com.apple.symbolichotkeys.plist file, then logging out/in. Unfortunately it reset my other keybindings, though should take long to fix those up again.

Thanks for the response, Andrew.

(Also, nice to finally meet you :-) — Have spoken to Vero a great deal in the past with all our AppStorm collaborations!)

Edited by davidappleyard

Hmm... Just managed to fix it by trashing the com.apple.symbolichotkeys.plist file, then logging out/in. Unfortunately it reset my other keybindings, though should take long to fix those up again.

Thanks for the response, Andrew.

(Also, nice to finally meet you :-) — Have spoken to Vero a great deal in the past with all our AppStorm collaborations!)

Cheers David - we love Mac AppStorm! :)

Interesting about the com.apple.symbolichotkeys.plist - We'll keep a note of that in case it helps other users in the future!