Mute Music not working

Hi Everyone,

I've searched but can't find anything ...

Trying to mute the Music app, and the other workflows that I have for Music work (ie next, vol up, etc). And if I change this workflow to a different HotKet, it still doesn't work - and if I add a different command, then it does work (ie if i change to Vol Up, then vol up will then work with that HotKey). And if I create a new workflow, then that doesn't work for Mute again ... so I'm at a bit of a loss on what to do. Can anyone suggest anything to get the Mute for Music to work?

Cheers

Screenshot 2022-04-27 at 10.04.33.jpg

@TallMoose Welcome to the forum.

I've just tested the Mute command via a workflow hotkey and it's working as expected on both macOS Monterey and Big Sur. 

Could you please use Alfred's Debugger and see whether you see any errors? Also check Console for any errors from the Music app, and let us know what you see.

Check in Apple's Security & Privacy preferences that you've granted Alfred Automation permissions:

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/getting-started/permissions/#automation

You may need to go through the steps to re-grant permissions if you've recently upgraded macOS, as it's fairly common for macOS to forget permissions on upgrade:

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/getting-started/permissions/#regrant

Let me know how you get on :)

Cheers,
Vero

Many thanks Vero!

I reset the permissions via Terminal, and then set them up again. As before, the other function keys that I've set to work with the Music app still do work (ie sound up, down etc)  but the mute still doesn't.  Debugger shows that the signal is being passed on (the top two are mute on F10, the bottom two are vol up on F12) and if i switch the commands, so that F10 turns the volume up, and F12 mutes, F10 then works in turning up the volume, and F12 doesn't mute the volume ... very interesting!

I'm on the latest OS, and Alfred is up to date (the latest was out just a few days ago).

Screenshot 2022-04-27 at 15.28.33.jpg

• 1 year later...