Sublime Text like fuzzy search everywhere

sing

The Sublime Text 2 style fuzzy search is quicker to locate desired item,

for example, entering "sap" will show the item "Show Alfred Preferences", but with current's Full fuzzy match option, I need to enter enter "alfr".

And it should be applied to every workflows.

The Sublime Text 2 style fuzzy search is quicker to locate desired item,

for example, entering "sap" will show the item "Show Alfred Preferences", but with current's Full fuzzy match option, I need to enter enter "alfr".

And it should be applied to every workflows.

This is because, Alfred is currently only set to perform fuzzy searches on applications.

This is because, Alfred is currently only set to perform fuzzy searches on applications.

Is it possible to set it to use fuzzy search for file and folder names?

Ex.: Say I have a folder named builder-block-restaurant in my Downloads folder. Presently the only way to reach to it is (correct me if there is a more efficient way):

1) Bring up Alfred

2) Press Space

3) type 'd o ..'

4) Press right arrow (I have set it to drill down in Alfred's prefs)

5) Type b u i l d e r - b l ...

Ideally I would just bring up Alfred, type r e s t.. and I should see that builder-block-restaurant folder in the results. Possible?

Is it possible to set it to use fuzzy search for file and folder names?

Ex.: Say I have a folder named builder-block-restaurant in my Downloads folder. Presently the only way to reach to it is (correct me if there is a more efficient way):

1) Bring up Alfred

2) Press Space

3) type 'd o ..'

4) Press right arrow (I have set it to drill down in Alfred's prefs)

5) Type b u i l d e r - b l ...

Ideally I would just bring up Alfred, type r e s t.. and I should see that builder-block-restaurant folder in the results. Possible?

It would grab results from other locations as well but, it should show the result by skipping step 3 and 4

Isn't "Show Alfred Preferences" a application type?

And please see below:

Screen%20Shot%202013-04-11%20at%2012.34.

Screen%20Shot%202013-04-11%20at%2012.34.

I don't know why typing "duck" will not show the Cyberduck.app. It seems odd to me.

P.S. thanks for making this great theme, I love it :)

Isn't "Show Alfred Preferences" a application type?

I don't know why typing "duck" will not show the Cyberduck.app. It seems odd to me.

P.S. thanks for making this great theme, I love it :)

Alfred anchors fuzzy matching on word boundaries to prevent noise and Cyberduck doesn't have 'duck' on a word boundary (Cyber Duck or CyberDuck would). Firstly, grab b180 which works better with spotlight comments / apps: http://cachefly.alfredapp.com/Alfred_2.0.2_180.zip then I suggest you add a spotlight comment in Finder to Cyberduck.app of 'duck', wait a few moments, then type 'reload' in Alfred.

Just to chime in on this thread in general, Alfred doesn't do fuzzy everywhere by design as Alfred's search box isn't just for file searching, it's for full GUI based CLI and random results during entering a nice workflow pattern would be totally undesirable.

That's not to stop somebody creating a workflow which COULD do fuzzy matching of files like this.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to chime in on this thread in general, Alfred doesn't do fuzzy everywhere by design as Alfred's search box isn't just for file searching, it's for full GUI based CLI and random results during entering a nice workflow pattern would be totally undesirable.

That's not to stop somebody creating a workflow which COULD do fuzzy matching of files like this.

I know what you mean, but could Alfred provide API for workflow to use the built-in fuzzy search algorithm? So that workflow developers can consider themselves in using it or not.

I know what you mean, but could Alfred provide API for workflow to use the built-in fuzzy search algorithm? So that workflow developers can consider themselves in using it or not.

I like the idea, but why not take it further and  - optionally - let *Alfred* handle filtering of the results of a script filter (rather than having to handle "sub-filtering" in your own code when a query is appended to the filter's keyword)?

This feature, which could be a switch (option) on each script filter, could then provide a subordinate option to use fuzzy logic when sub-filtering.