Have trouble finding workflow with non verified binary

I moved to M1 mac a while ago. And I have this issue where if I type `g` into Alfred normal prompt, this will show up:

image.thumb.png.eae17cddaa000019d83bb33070290e0e.png

I get what it is trying to say. But I for life of me can't find where is this `projects` binary in. I tried to find it with `find` command:

image.thumb.png.c2e25b3c43d0f92ded4688c3bccf0116.png

But that returned nothing found, maybe command is wrong though. 

I also went to Alfred Preferences and went over all my workflows and it's not mine as when I disable all my workflows, this prompt still shows up.

I really don't want to go over all the workflows one by one and disable them one by one to find which one it is (I have more than 120+ of them).

Is there anything else I can do? I tried searching for `projects` in Alfred too, no results.

In my mind it would be so awesome to either have:

- Before showing this prompt that this binary can't be opened, Alfred can also show in which workflow it is trying to call it? And optionally provide user to open Finder with the location of that binary. So user can then right click and run it quickly to get the error to go away. I get that this comes with security risk for some users but would be nice UX.

- Ability to show `last ran workflow` somewhere? Then I can see of this workflow was being triggered even if with errors.

Would be super helpful.

My big issue now is that my entire `g` searches are fully broken because of this. I wanted to download https://www.jetbrains.com/go/ and switch to it with Alfred.

Thank you lots.

Edited by nikivi
1 hour ago, nikivi said:

maybe command is wrong though.

It is. Use find . -name 'projects'.

1 hour ago, nikivi said:

Is there anything else I can do?

Search in Alfred for ?keyword g and you should see the possible culprits.

Another way is to backup your Alfred Preferences, then go into your Workflows directory and delete them in batches of (say) 10 and try again until it doesn’t break. Then you narrow it down from the last batch.

1 hour ago, nikivi said:

Before showing this prompt that this binary can't be opened, Alfred can

The prompt is from macOS, not Alfred. Alfred doesn’t know that will happen before trying to run it, and trying to find out on every run could have a noticeable lag (checking for code signature is slow).

1 hour ago, nikivi said:

Ability to show `last ran workflow` somewhere?

That would again have tradeoffs for all for an extremely niche and rare need. See if Console.app registered the occurrence. It may have the full path to the binary.

1 hour ago, vitor said:

Search in Alfred for ?keyword g and you should see the possible culprits.

Super useful. 

For Alfred 5, can we please have this feature. Add maybe an icon here:

image.png.5ae379dd83c3d0ee66903066c5ca8f93.png

That if pressed will show an overlay window with all search tricks. Such as `?=keyword ..`. I am sure there is more. I tried searching for this page on Google and got 0 results for Alfred search extra keywords. 

I think it would be very helpful for discoverability of all Alfred features. I use Alfred daily but didn't know this. 😺

1 hour ago, vitor said:

The prompt is from macOS, not Alfred. Alfred doesn’t know that will happen before trying to run it, and trying to find out on every run could have a noticeable lag (checking for code signature is slow).

Totally agree. I just thought maybe Alfred knew that this prompt was thrown. If it already knew it could show an extra prompt itself. But it makes sense why it doesn't know it.

Thanks.