Alfred restores Global hotkey to ALT-spacebar after quitting the app and after a reboot

I have set CMD-spacebar as the Global Hotkey and ALT-spacebar for spotlight on both the two Macs I own. 

However, recently, Alfred restores the Global Hotkey to the default Alt-Spacebar each time I quit the app or after a reboot. This is the case on both my Macs. (the preferences are synced)

This also happens when I set the Global hotkey to other key combinations. In other words, the global hotkey does not get restored to the default Alt-spacebar because of a conflict with another app.

Of course, I can try to resolve the issue by doing a clean install of Alfred, but then I would lose all my workflows etc.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

@Rotterdammer Welcome to the forum :)

Could you please let me know how you're syncing your preferences?

If you're using Dropbox, make sure that the folder you're using is set to be Always Available Offline, and not to Dropbox's default SmartSync (which can cause your preferences to be stored online-only), which makes them unavailable to Alfred, causing him to create a new set of default preferences.

If you're using an alternative sync service, the same concept applies; You need to ensure that the preferences are always available right from startup. 

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,
Vero

On 6/25/2022 at 1:59 PM, Vero said:

@Rotterdammer Welcome to the forum :)

Could you please let me know how you're syncing your preferences?

If you're using Dropbox, make sure that the folder you're using is set to be Always Available Offline

Hi Vero, thanks for your reply. I have tit set to Always Available Offline. I am also pretty certain that I haven't changed any other setting the past six months.

1 hour ago, Rotterdammer said:

I am also pretty certain that I haven't changed any other setting the past six months.

While you haven't personally, Dropbox has changed over time, so these changes may have happened behind the scenes and without you being made explicitly aware of them.

If your issue with preferences persists, switch your sync location to a local one on your Mac (e.g. in your user directory, create an Alfred folder) and change some preferences there, then see whether they're saved correctly.

You can then create a new "Always offline" folder in Dropbox, and sync your preferences there. 

Let me know how you get on :)

Cheers,
Vero