Snippets do not work well in Citrix environment

Hello guys,

New to here, greetings. :)

I've been using Alfred for 2ys. It helps me a lot and I like it so much.

I use Citrix for work. And I need to use snippets a lot in Citrix environment. Snippets function works in the Citrix receiver, however does not work perfectly.

I've often been experiencing the expansion latency(1-3s) or content missing in there. Are they bugs or something need to be fixed? Or anyone has the same issue?

Are they any alternatives to avoid those issues?

Thank you for you kindly reply in advance.

On 6/26/2022 at 3:03 PM, vitor said:

Welcome @Yinsen.P,

Snippets need to delete the written text and paste the new one. This may be happening too fast for Citrix to handle. Slowing down key events might fix it.

Hello @vitor,

Thank you for your advise.

I've been testing it for these days. It seems working for now. 

However, it still causes some apps crushing in the citrix some time.

Have a great day. :)

1 minute ago, vitor said:

What do you mean? Some apps crash in the Citrix environment after you use a Snippet? I’m not envisioning any cause for that which would come from snippets. Can you share a video?

Yes, snippets cause some apps crash in the citrix environment. But occasionlly, not all the time. Hard to catch. I'll try.

But I think that it was caused by the placeholders. I have some snippets with {time: MM/dd}

On 6/28/2022 at 10:54 AM, vitor said:

What do you mean? Some apps crash in the Citrix environment after you use a Snippet? I’m not envisioning any cause for that which would come from snippets. Can you share a video?

Hi Vitor,

Since I've set the tweaking as slower, snippets work perfectly. I've tested them for these days, no more crushing. Thanks a lot!