couple of minor items [Fixed in EA4 b2039]

giovanni

Learn More object in Getting Started 5: 

- perhaps better to have fixed order of the items instead of based on usage? 
- Capital W for workflows? (in general I think the intent is to use capital W when referring to Alfred Workflows, but this is inconsistent throughout the application)
- Tricks (capital T)
- could be a different color (not gray) to demo the color box

image.thumb.png.be6e95a8373fceddae71e8905d017cdc.png

Copy to Clipboard object description: 'frontmost' sounds better than front most

image.thumb.png.0f8c140150cac3d46a81bef16327b99e.png

Finally, I was wondering if you ever considered reserving ⌘-d  for duplicating objects (similar to Finder) and perhaps ⇧-⌘-d  for opening the debugger.

@giovanni thanks for the feedback, I've fixed those things in EA4 b2039 which is now available on the updater.

3 hours ago, giovanni said:

Finally, I was wondering if you ever considered reserving ⌘-d  for duplicating objects (similar to Finder) and perhaps ⇧-⌘-d  for opening the debugger.

I'll have a think about duplicating objects. It's unlikely I'll change that shortcut combo for debugger, as that's been the debugger shortcut for a very long time so will throw many people out.

• Andrew changed the title to couple of minor items [Fixed in EA4 b2039]
3 hours ago, giovanni said:

It would be nice to have a shortcut for clearing the debugger.

@Andrew a new idea came to mind. Would it be possible to add an option for clearing the debugger just before each workflow run?

In the vast majority of cases I'm only interested in the output of the last run and the older content is just distraction, so when debugging I use to click on the clear button before running the workflow again. That's something I use to do dozens of times when debugging and it would be nice if it could be automated.

Edited by xilopaint

@xilopaint I'll keep that in mind, but it's not a trivial "quick fix", as there are so many "start points" to a workflow which can either be user or code instigated, it will be difficult to make the decision as to when to automatically clear the debugger.

For now, ⌘K will be in the next build.

29 minutes ago, Andrew said:

@xilopaint I just remembered, if you put a debugger object somewhere in your workflow, you can select the option to clear the debugger at that point. So in the situation you want this to happen, you can use this.

It can be useful in some cases but not the same thing I was talking about. I want to have all the output content for a single run. You don't even need to clear the debugger for that as I suggested. An option that filters the content of the last run would be enough.

Edited by xilopaint