Help with Alfred 5 sync location

cortig

I must have missed something (or hit a bug), but after launching v5.0 EA4 (2039), all my v4 workflows are gone.

I thought v4 workflows were supposed to still be compatible with v5. Is that not the case?

Corentin

I can reimport them from my .alfredworkflow backups though so it looks more like a migration issue than a compatibility issue.

As a side note, I'm having a very hard tie getting the keywords to trigger any workflow.

I have a workflow using the keyword pm for instance and if I type "pm whatever" it offers to search Google, Amazon or Wikipedia for "pm Whatever" instead of triggering the workflow.

image.thumb.png.df921437fb4e50363294420fba8a4b53.png

Posted (edited)

Actually my web searches are gone too. It looks like the migration failed altogether.

I had to respecify my Synced folder. Alfred then restarted and displayed everything as it should have in the first place.

It might be a limitation of the beta, but it should be made clear that we need to re-select the sync folder (or I missed it , in which case I'm sorry…………).

Corentin

Edited by cortig

If you followed the onboarding process correctly, the sync folder would have been automatically migrated across from Alfred 4 without having to do anything.

Could you have possibly not entered your Powerpack details the first time you went through the onboarding? (Sync folder is not available to non-PP users so this would have reset it).

7 minutes ago, Andrew said:

If you followed the onboarding process correctly, the sync folder would have been automatically migrated across from Alfred 4 without having to do anything.

Could you have possibly not entered your Powerpack details the first time you went through the onboarding? (Sync folder is not available to non-PP users so this would have reset it).

I entered the PowerPack details immediately. To be precise, I entered my v4 details first, not realizing that I needed to upgrade, then was told to upgrade my license (which I did) and then entered the v5 license.

I wonder whether entering the v4 license first might have been what reset the sync options.

Corentin

• Vero changed the title to Help with Alfred 5 sync location

Wanted to add to this for others who may run into this- I upgraded my Powerpack license so Alfred 5 had a different Powerpack license. This caused an empty sync file and new location. When I tried to point to the correct sync file, I was a little confused due to the sync file being grayed out.

If you select the folder the sync file is in, it will use that older/correct sync file, restart Alfred and will work as always.