Debugger not closing [intentional improvement in v5]

raguay.customct

I found a situation where the debugger window doesn’t close properly. Step to repeat are:

1. Create a workflow
  2. Click the debugger icon
  3. Delete the workflow

At this point you see the startup screen in the middle with the debugger window still open. Just a cosmetic problem and not a critical issue.

This is an intentional improvement in Alfred 5 - The Debugger can remain open regardless of whether you are editing a workflow or not.

You'll notice that you'll even be able to open Alfred's preferences to the Workflow tab, and without even selecting a workflow, open the Debugger from the bottom of the window (or using ⌘D) and see the debug output of all workflows.

• Andrew changed the title to Debugger not closing [intentional improvement in v5]
6 minutes ago, Andrew said:

This is an intentional improvement in Alfred 5 - The Debugger can remain open regardless of whether you are editing a workflow or not.

You'll notice that you'll even be able to open Alfred's preferences to the Workflow tab, and without even selecting a workflow, open the Debugger from the bottom of the window (or using ⌘D) and see the debug output of all workflows.

I know it was intentional to allow it to be open going from one workflow to another, but I would assume the deletion of a workflow would necessitate the closing of the window. But, that is my opinion.

10 minutes ago, raguay.customct said:

I would assume the deletion of a workflow would necessitate the closing of the window

The debugger now operates independently to the Workflow editor and selection, much like in Xcode, and is always available as a bar at the bottom of the Workflow tab (which can be toggled or dragged up at any time).

When deleting a workflow, you'll get the same behaviour as deselecting a Workflow in the list, and the debugger switches to the "All Workflow" context.

This is the intentional improvement in v5.