Turn off the feedback sound of Hotkey trigger when there's no selection

Hello,

So I'm making a workflow to open terminal from a hotkey. There are a few workflows existing out there but I want to make one with little code as possible. The logic is essentially as:

- If there's selection from the hotkey, pass it to the script

- If there's no selection, pass the frontmost finder window path to the script (using Automation Task)

The problem is when there's no selection, Alfred play the "tick" sound that's become annoying.

Could we have an option to turn it off?

Thank you

Screenshot 2022-07-04 at 20.53.41.png

Edited by Dang

49 minutes ago, Dang said:

Could we have an option to turn it off?

On this webpage, make sure nothing is selected and press ⌘C. It will sound familiar. It’s not Alfred playing that sound, but macOS. Alfred has no control over it.

18 hours ago, vitor said:

On this webpage, make sure nothing is selected and press ⌘C. It will sound familiar. It’s not Alfred playing that sound, but macOS. Alfred has no control over it.

Hmm. The more I look at Hotkey trigger, the more I found it's too limited. Since we cannot have multiple triggers with the same key, we have to rely on other action/script to collect the desired argument. Maybe we can have another Automation task as "Get macOS selection" which can return empty result without sound feedback.

27 minutes ago, Dang said:

Since we cannot have multiple triggers with the same key

You can if you have them act on different apps. Otherwise it makes sense that Alfred stops you from having the same Hotkey defined multiple times, which could lead to undesirable results without you understanding why.

To have the same Hotkey do multiple things, add multiple connections.

29 minutes ago, Dang said:

Maybe we can have another Automation task as "Get macOS selection" which can return empty result without sound feedback.

There is no programmatic way to get selections which works on every app. Except for sending a copy command, which is why Alfred does it that way. An Automation Task would follow the same technique because it’s reliable. Plus, the sound is useful to most. And as demonstrated, it is coming from macOS, so it’s there that you’d need to mute/remove it.