AppleScript not working in v2.

Hello,

I manage some remote computers with Remote Desktop that have extraordinarily long and complicated passwords. To prevent myself from going crazy trying to type out the passwords each time I need to log in I have been using 1Password, an AppleScript I wrote, and Alfred to activate the AppleScript. I copy the password from 1Password into the clipboard. I access the machine via Remote Desktop which shows me the login screen. (Can't copy and paste passwords here) I then use the Menu Bar item to Toggle Alfred which brings up the Alfred UI (since Remote Desktop eats the command-space event) and type the AppleScript name and press enter.

Upon upgrading to Alfred v2 the AppleScript no longer functions and I'm not quite sure why. Here is the AppleScript:

do shell script "pbpaste |textutil -convert txt -stdin -stdout -encoding 30 |pbcopy"

tell application "System Events" to keystroke (the clipboard)

Any thoughts to how I can get this working again?

Sincerely,

Michael

Hello,

I manage some remote computers with Remote Desktop that have extraordinarily long and complicated passwords. To prevent myself from going crazy trying to type out the passwords each time I need to log in I have been using 1Password, an AppleScript I wrote, and Alfred to activate the AppleScript. I copy the password from 1Password into the clipboard. I access the machine via Remote Desktop which shows me the login screen. (Can't copy and paste passwords here) I then use the Menu Bar item to Toggle Alfred which brings up the Alfred UI (since Remote Desktop eats the command-space event) and type the AppleScript name and press enter.

Upon upgrading to Alfred v2 the AppleScript no longer functions and I'm not quite sure why. Here is the AppleScript:

do shell script "pbpaste |textutil -convert txt -stdin -stdout -encoding 30 |pbcopy"

tell application "System Events" to keystroke (the clipboard)

Any thoughts to how I can get this working again?

Sincerely,

Michael

It doesn't look like you are a Powerpack user, so could you explain how you are trying to run the AppleScript (or fill in your Powerpack details in your forum profile).

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Reading a bit into your previous post I purchased the Powerpack and tried using it to run the AppleScript opposed to the method I was using previously which didn't require the Powerpack. I'm happy to report that I managed to get it working again.

Cheers,

Michael