Edit Note... in Workflow Object not storing [Caused by Dropbox SmartSync]

Acidham

@Acidham I've been trying to reproduce this in the past 15 mins and can't,  I'd like to be able to narrow down this behaviour.

Could you open Console.app when this is happening and start logging to see if an exception is happening for Alfred's Prefs app?

@Acidham I've also tried to replicate this and have been unable to. What sync setup do you have? I'm wondering whether you might be using a sync configuration that's causing changes to your preferences to not be saved, and that at the moment, the most obvious unsaved change is the notes you're adding.

I am using Dropbox and everything works fine. I can imagine that it is hard to reproduce, but I posted it here if someone else is experiencing the same. 

I tried meanwhile on my second Mac, and I am also not able to reproduce. Will keep you posted. 

3 hours ago, Acidham said:

I am using Dropbox

Can I confirm whether you've got your Alfred preferences folder set to always be stored locally? Dropbox has changed a lot in recent years, and their SmartSync feature may be enabled without your explicit knowledge. Worth a check as this would mean the preferences may not be always available.

I checked my Dropbox settings and figured out that I am on Dropbox BETA. I left beta channel, and now it seems I can edit notes on WF object. Seems that beta introduced some hidden SmartSync features, but I was unable to find something around SmartSync in the settings. 

• Andrew changed the title to Edit Note... in Workflow Object not storing [Caused by Dropbox SmartSync]