Migration from Alfred 4 to 5

Works greats, except... how to "import" the v4 settings, web searches, snippets, workflows, etc. (basically everything)? 

EDIT: Obviously, I'm an idiot. Looks like the (Dropbox) synced settings have to be enabled manually. After that, everything's fine.

Edited by Quadratic Circle

@Quadratic Circle (This is both for your benefit and anyone else coming across this thread later on, as it sounds like you're all sorted now)

If you enter your Alfred 5 Powerpack license when the Migration Assistant pops up when you first install Alfred 5, your sync location should be carried through.

If you Skip setup e.g. if you don't yet have your v5 license handy, you can enter your license in the Powerpack tab later on, but will then need to pick your sync folder manually in the Advanced preferences :) 

Enjoy Alfred 5!

45 minutes ago, Vero said:

If you Skip setup e.g. if you don't yet have your v5 license handy, you can enter your license in the Powerpack tab later on, but will then need to pick your sync folder manually in the Advanced preferences

Is suspect something along those lines caused the issue, although I thought forcing the Assistant to show up again (using command line: 'defaults delete com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred skipOnboardingV5') would solve it. On a second computer it picked up the correct Dropbox preferences without my intervention. Weird.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2022 at 12:25 PM, Vero said:

@Quadratic Circle (This is both for your benefit and anyone else coming across this thread later on, as it sounds like you're all sorted now)

If you enter your Alfred 5 Powerpack license when the Migration Assistant pops up when you first install Alfred 5, your sync location should be carried through.

If you Skip setup e.g. if you don't yet have your v5 license handy, you can enter your license in the Powerpack tab later on, but will then need to pick your sync folder manually in the Advanced preferences :) 

Enjoy Alfred 5!

FWIW I did enter my license in the migration assistant but my sync preference didn't carry though.

I did deactivate my Alfred 4 license first though so that could have something to do with it. I think that removed my sync location setting. Totally forgot Alfred 5 would be a separate application. Was thinking I'd enter the license and be upgraded.

I ended up re-activating Alfred 4, my sync location appeared, then I manually picked that folder in Alfred 5 and all was right with the world