Keywords clipboard recovery

Hi,

I would like to see the ability to get to clipboard content easier in all scripts. Similar to the {query}, there could be a {clipboard} macro to expand the contents of the clipboard. I know there are command line functions that I can incorporate in my scripts, but that requires loading more programs. I usually have my system running at max (video editing, program editing, uploading/downloading videos all at the same time). Therefore, it actually is noticeable on my system the slow down of launch more programs (I know, I need to get more memory. Money is not easy these days!).

Even better, it would be great to have {clipboard1}, {clipboard2}, ... for the different levels in the clipboard manager in Alfred. That way I can write workflows that would use the clipboard "stack" like a register stack in programming. Just load up the different contents and then launch the workflow (yes, I come from a Forth background. I have written several TILs, so that mindset is easy for me).

What do you think?

I can't imagine that using pbpaste from the command line (in a bash script) would require enough processing or memory for you to notice anything. pbcopy and pbpaste are the two primary functions used for performing these types of operations. I would check into that and see if it could get you by for the time being.

It does some, but those also just get the current clipboard and nothing from the history. So, the request was for more than pbpaste and pbcopy will do. I am using these for now, but I really would like the history accessible as well. With this functionality, I can make keywords that will perform actions similar to TextExpander using the history for the different fields. Now you get it?