Alfred 5 upgrade opening up "clean" - no workflows or snippets from Alfred 4

I've just upgraded to 5 and it is opening as what looks like a clean install - none of my workflows or settings seem to have been carried over. Alfred 4 is still on the machine and when I open that (having closed 5) all is working as it used to.

I'm slightly nervous about opening 5 again in case it obliterates all my workflows.

Any advice on what to do? 

@PaulH There's no need to worry - I can help you get up and running with your preferences in Alfred 5. 

Did you activate your Alfred 5 Powerpack license during setup? If so, Alfred 5 should have set the sync location automatically to Alfred 4's location, but you may have skipped that step in the onboarding and is now using an older set of defaults.

Open Alfred 5 to the Advanced preferences, and set the Preferences folder location to wherever you had set Alfred 4's preferences to, and you'll see all your settings again.

If you need further help, type ?diagnostics into Alfred 5, and drop the exported information and a link to this thread to our info@ email address. This will help me help you with specific folder locations. :)

Cheers,
Vero

Just for the record, I had exactly the same problem — and am glad I found my way to this discussion.  But I definitely did follow the steps outlined by @Vero above during setup.  My general preferences appeared to have been copied over, but not the folder I use for syncing.  Once I set that manually, everything was fine, but it didn't happen without my intervention.

Edited by dpdpdp