Alfred 5 opens the preferences window on the wrong display

I have two displays on my Mac. When I invoke Alfred, the search window appears on the right-hand display, which is where I dragged it to.

If I then press ⌘, to open Alfred's Preferences, they should appear on the same display as the search, since that is where I was looking. However, they appear on whichever display had the focus before I invoked Alfred. Despite dragging the preferences to the right-hand display, the next time I press ⌘, the preferences window ignores that explicit drag and opens wherever the focused app was.

As it's possible to configure which display the main Alfred window appears on by dragging it, please could the Preferences window either follow it, or remember when it has been dragged to another display? It's a pain to have to go hunting for it (probably even more so for people with more than two displays) and especially when it opens on a display that's too small for large workflows without a load of scrolling…

Alfred's Preferences is actually a separate application to Alfred, and is launched in macOS just like any other app. It's macOS which decides where new applications should go. You'll notice if you make the alternative screen active first (i.e. click something on that screen so the menu bar activates), then macOS will launch Preferences to that screen.

Alfred 5's Workflow Automation Tasks has window management functions, so it should be possible to launch prefs, then move it to the screen you want with a workflow.

Ah, of course — it's a separate application, which means I can force it to the right display by using Options > Assign To in the Dock menu 🤦‍♂️

Thanks!

(While we're on the subject of moving windows to a display with Automation Tasks — it has options for Primary Display, Display with Cursor, Next Display, and Previous Display, but how do you move something to a specific display that isn't the primary display if you can't guarantee it has the cursor? There doesn't seem to be a way of simply picking a display there…)

6 hours ago, Tiny Clanger said:

it has options for Primary Display, Display with Cursor, Next Display, and Previous Display

Those can be defined generically and precisely, thus will work for anyone. To define a specific display, specific knowledge of your setup would be necessary, i.e. a custom solution.

Well, I believe macOS simply refers to them as "display 0", "display 1" and so on — that would be fine here, with no need for Alfred to know how they're laid out.

Presumably there's an upper limit on how many displays macOS can support (looks like a fully-loaded Mac Pro can support 16 4K displays, though I'd like to see how that is arranged!) so Alfred would need to do something sensible if the workflow refers to a display that isn't installed.

Rather than have a massive dropdown with that many display options, maybe there could be a "Specific Display" option which then enables an integer field for the display number?