Workflows in Alfred 5 don't work

I just upgraded to Alfred 5 and I'm am having all kinds of problems with the workflows that worked perfectly in Alfred 4. This is so frustrating. Json errors, python errors. Even the fixum workflow to fix the workflows doesn't work. This used to be one of the best productivity tools I've ever had.  I use it to launch all my applications. I use it to search for case numbers on salesforce. Nothing works. This is ridiculous.  I'm not a programmer.  I reinstalled python 2.7.18 (I tried using python 3 but that didn't work so i removed it and went back to python2). I've installed node.js, I'm comfortable using homebrew to install commands.  I do know my way around Unix after working at Bell Labs for 10 years. 

Fixum script error: 00:32:31.380] ERROR: Fixum[Script Filter] Code 1: .
00:32:31 workflow.py:2061 DEBUG    ---------- Fixum (0.11.0) ----------
00:32:31 workflow.py:1468 DEBUG    reading settings from /Users/<user>/Library/Application Support/Alfred/Workflow Data/net.deanishe.alfred.fixum/settings.json
00:32:31 workflow.py:1468 DEBUG    reading settings from /Users/<user>/Library/Application Support/Alfred/Workflow Data/net.deanishe.alfred.fixum/settings.json
00:32:31 workflow.py:2338 INFO     checking for update ...
00:32:31 background.py:230 DEBUG    [__workflow_update_check] command cached: /Users/<user>/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred/Workflow Data/net.deanishe.alfred.fixum/__workflow_update_check.argcache
00:32:31 background.py:234 DEBUG    [__workflow_update_check] passing job to background runner: [u'/usr/bin/python', '/Users/<user>/Library/Application Support/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.851FF839-B1C1-4EEE-8F1C-928BA7CB37DD/workflow/background.py', u'__workflow_update_check']
00:32:31 workflow.py:2080 ERROR    [Errno 2] No such file or directory
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/<user>/Library/Application Support/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.851FF839-B1C1-4EEE-8F1C-928BA7CB37DD/workflow/workflow.py", line 2070, in run
    self.check_update()
  File "/Users/<user>/Library/Application Support/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.851FF839-B1C1-4EEE-8F1C-928BA7CB37DD/workflow/workflow.py", line 2340, in check_update
    run_in_background('__workflow_update_check', cmd)
  File "/Users/<user>/Library/Application Support/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.851FF839-B1C1-4EEE-8F1C-928BA7CB37DD/workflow/background.py", line 235, in run_in_background
    retcode = subprocess.call(cmd)
  File "/Users/<user>/.pyenv/versions/2.7.18/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 172, in call
    return Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs).wait()
  File "/Users/<user>/.pyenv/versions/2.7.18/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 394, in __init__
    errread, errwrite)
  File "/Users/michaelking/.pyenv/versions/2.7.18/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1047, in _execute_child
    raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
00:32:31 workflow.py:2082 INFO     for assistance, see: https://github.com/deanishe/alfred-fixum/issues
00:32:31 workflow.py:2103 DEBUG    ---------- finished in 0.009s ----------
[00:32:31.382] Fixum[Script Filter] [Errno 2] No such file or directory
[00:32:31.383] ERROR: Fixum[Script Filter] JSON error: Invalid value around line 1, column 1. in JSON:
[Errno 2] No such file or directory

@Michael117 Alfred 4 workflows work in Alfred 5 without an issue, and if nothing else changed (i.e. you did a major macOS version update too), then everything should be working as expected.

Fixum is a very old workflow which is only relevant for very old python workflows, you shouldn't need to run this.

I'm wondering if you had your Alfred 4 settings synced to somewhere, and Alfred 5 didn't pick these up so is looking at an old default set of preferences. If you restart Alfred 4, is everything working as expected?

I do have my preferences set to my dropbox folder and I double-checked to make sure that Alfred 5 pointed to that folder.  I have since gone back out to github to find replacement workflows for the ones that don't work and I've been able to find some, but the homebrew and cask workflow keeps throwing a python error.  I raised an issue on github with the author to see if it's a bug. 

Thanks for your help!

• 1 year later...

Brand new Alfred user here, having the exact same issue. Cannot add any additional functionality to my Alfred. I am not talented enough to code on my own. I install the workflow, fine. I type the shortcut to activate it. OK, looks like it's gonna work. Then I type the term to search and it takes me to the potions for a web search (google, amazon, Wikipedia). This has been on EVERY workflow I have downloaded. Every single one. 

Please at least tell us:

• your macOS and Alfred versions;
  • whether you have the Powerpack installed;
  • the name of a couple of workflows you are failing to run and a links to download them (because we need to know exactly what workflows are failing for you);
  • what you mean when you say a workflow "looks like it's gonna work”: give us some examples explaining precisely what happens when you try to run the relevant workflow(s).

Stephen