Google Drive Sync not working

Hi,

I use Alfred 2 with PowerPack on 2 Mac laptops. At home everything works, at work I don't have access to my customsites.

I use Google Drive to sync files & folders and have enabled offline files

I have the same settings on both Mac

I checked 25 times the sync folder was set up and correct

I trashed Alfred+prefs+library files and restarted from scratch 2-3 times

I'm really lost here... Any help appreciated.

Everything works, I just don't have access to my custom workflows from my Google Drive.

Thanks.

Hi,

I use Alfred 2 with PowerPack on 2 Mac laptops. At home everything works, at work I don't have access to my customsites.

Hi Arnaud,

Let's run through a few things that may seem obvious but are worth checking:

- Where does Google Drive store its files? Is it definitely the same folder on both Macs?

- If you navigate to that location manually on each Mac, can you see the Alfred.alfredpreferences file? (And not an alias or symlink file?)

I don't know of any other Alfred users who chose Google Drive for syncing so don't have any reports of whether it should be working successfully or not.  However, this user reports that Google Drive adds its own filename extension. If GD modifies the file names or changes what they are, then Alfred won't be able to recognise those as the correct preferences file:

http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/1037-alfred-cant-find-files-in-google-drive/

We recommend Dropbox as it doesn't modify your files in any way, ensuring the integrity of your Alfred preferences file.

Let me know how you get on. :)

There doesn't seem to be any difference between the 2 computers. At least there are no shortcuts, only the "real" files.

Arnaud,

Verify something for us please.

On the first machine, open the location that your Alfred preferences file is located (your GD location), show the contents of the Alfred.alfredpreferences file, and open the workflows folder. On that machine, create a new workflow. You don't have to add anything special to it, just create it. Then look back in Finder and confirm that you have a new folder inside of the workflows folder. If the new folder exists, move on to the second computer and try the same thing. Is the new folder created?

Please let me know the result of this.

Arnaud,

Verify something for us please.

On the first machine, open the location that your Alfred preferences file is located (your GD location), show the contents of the Alfred.alfredpreferences file, and open the workflows folder. On that machine, create a new workflow. You don't have to add anything special to it, just create it. Then look back in Finder and confirm that you have a new folder inside of the workflows folder. If the new folder exists, move on to the second computer and try the same thing. Is the new folder created?

Please let me know the result of this.

Thanks for the help David, I tried something different just now and it seems to work!

Deleted everything from both computers and from GDrive. Added back on the main computer a fresh install (just installed a few days ago anyway).

Then launched the sync and everything is working on the other computer as well now.

Don't really understand but that's the power of turning it off and on again :-)