Universal Actions Icon Size

I have been wipping up some icons to use for my custom universal actions to match the stock ones. I tried looking online for any icon dimension guidlines but, having found none, I opted to screenshot the icons (used the reveal in finder one) to get the pixel size. However, there must be something that I am missing because when I upload my own icon the result is not pixel perfect but rather creates 'fuzzy' edges; even for straight lines. I am currently using 44px by 44px but I have also tested 42, 43, 45, 46 and they all give the same results. Am I doing something stupid or is there no solution?

TD;DR: uploaded icons for universal actions don't retain pixel perfect lines

Uploaded the icons where, to what goal? Do you just mean you added them to the Workflow?

It’s likely you have a retina screen, so you need to make icons at least twice the size than they will display in for them to look crisp. Alfred’s own icons are drawn with code, they’re not images.

I'm uploading them to the workflow icon drop-box area in the details pane. I guess it makes sense that the stock icons are not images. I tried making mine double the size but it still end up 'blurier' than the original one. Honestly doesn't matter too much, they are too small to notice either way; just my brain being weak for this sort of stuff.

Thanks for the help.