How to import settings in Alfred 5?

Hi, I just upgraded to from version 4 to version 5.

The settings from version 4 were nicely imported in version 5.

Then, I made a mistake.

After the install of version 5, I noticed two Alfred applications in my Applications folder (Alfred 4 and Alfred 5), so I thought I had to uninstall Alfred 4 myself.

I uninstalled Alfred 4 using CleanMyMac X. After that, Alfred was wiped from my computer.

When I started Alfred 5 from my Applications folder it started the set up procedure again, but now without the option to import my Alfred 4 settings!

Help! What to do?

I have a file called 'Alfred Backup 2022-07-28.tar.gz' on my Desktop with the Alfred 4 settings. 

How do I get these settings into Alfred 5 again?

Ok, I think I solved it.

To get back to version 4, here is what I did:

Found version 4 here: https://www.alfredapp.com/help/v4/

Downloaded it.

Uninstalled version 5.

Installed version 4.

Entered my powerpack license code for version 4.

In Preferences > Advanced > Syncing, I clicked reveal in folder.

Deleted the content of this folder and replaced it with content of 'Alfred Backup 2022-07-28.tar.gz'.

Result: I now had Alfred 4 with all my settings working again on my computer.

Then I clicked on the 'Version 5 now available' banner in Alfred 4.

The only option I had via this route was to buy the upgrade (which I already did).

So, here is what I did:

Quit Alfred version 4

Installed version 5 from my downloads folder via Alfred_5.0.1_2067.dmg (which I had since the first upgrade)

Then I opened Alfred 5, I expected the migration assistant to help migrate from 4 to 5, but nothing happened.  

All the settings appeared already to be there (without migration assistant?)

I expected the need to enter Powerpack license code for version 5, but there was no need (?)

Then I restarted my computer.

Got an error message: Cannot open Alfred 5, because Alfred 4 was already running.

I then removed Alfred 4 from Preferences > User Groups > Login Items, and added Alfred 5.

Restarted again, now it works. I guess.

Any comments from the Alfred support staff? Was this correct?

Yes, you did it right. Some redundant steps (no need to uninstall v5), but the end result is what you wanted.

Regarding the cause, as per the Onboarding & Migration to Alfred 5 documentation:

Once you've migrated your preferences to Alfred 5, we recommend deleting any older version of Alfred manually.

We advise against using "app cleaners" to remove old Alfred versions, as these can be over-zealous and delete essential files for the current version of Alfred.