TylerEich's Versions

I really liked Tyler Eich's workflow called "Versions" which let me copy and paste the version of macOS and the foremost app. Doesn't appear to work anymore with Alfred 5; when I run the workflow in Alfred 5 nothing ends up in the clipboard.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to get this workflow working in Alfred 5?

I do see that the workflow is considered "deprecated" at his Github: https://github.com/TylerEich/Alfred-Extras, so perhaps I'm out of luck. Any way I could get Alfred to do this a different way?

@Tyler Eich

It’s not because of Alfred 5, but because you’re on macOS Monterey 12.3 (or above), which removed Python 2. With the Automation Tasks and Running Apps Filter from Alfred 5, it’s simpler to rewrite and expand this one than fix the old version.

You can filter for the app in a bunch of different ways. Here’s a Workflow. As for the alternatives methods (all the ⌘ and ⌥ branches), I’ll leave to you to remake as you like.

For future questions about Workflows not working, please be sure to include the debugger output so we can better identify what’s going on.

Just now, andy4222 said:

Vitor, can this be somehow extended to also copying the bundle ID of the apps?

Yes. The Bundle ID of the app is exactly what is being returned by every object which connects directly to the green object (just updated the Workflow; same link).

You can, for example, use an Argument and Variables Utility to catch the bundle ID to a variable (but also pass it along in the argument) and use it later in the Copy to Clipboard Output.