Note Search

While coding I am prone to forgot code snippets that I require daily, weekly, such as:
- Creating an environment

- Specific command to install pytorch

- Specific command to process a video etc.

- Something I hand-crafted but forgotten

What I want to be able to do is search what I am trying to find out, like "conda env", and Alfred showing or taking me to "conda env" labeled file/note that I have written before, this can be in any format/app. I am open to all suggestions, related/similar problems' solutions.

(I know these supplied examples are couple clicks away with a quick google search, however, I also plan to use this for "hand-crafted" stuff too.)

You could approach this in multiple ways.

1. Create files in any format (text, pdf or whatever) and always put them in one folder. Then use a File Filter to filter (with a keyword of course) and only these files will show up

2. Create gists or a Github repo and bookmarks these files properly and it should open up in the browser

3. Use a notes and the a search workflow to search notes. You could use Obsidian, Bear Notes or even Apple Notes. All of them have great workflows

I usually prefer approach 2, since it doesn't require me to open a new app and everything is in the browser. Also management is easier. But I've also tried approach 3 in the past

On 7/31/2022 at 9:23 PM, vitor said:

One more: use a List Filter Input to list your code snippets and paste them with a Copy to Clipboard Output.

I also have a couple of Workflows which could fit this use-case well:

Thank you both for great suggestions! NoteTaker kinda does it for me. However, it still lacks the property to search inside the taken notes. I need to remember the exact note name. If I group the topics to have "less to remember" (essentially less note files) then re-search inside the ".md" file is required since grouped files will be longer.