bookmark search stopped working

Hello,

Alfred is working awesome but recently the bookmarks search just decided to stop working. I thought it might be a need to upgrade to v5, which i did and completed successfully but still have the same problem. I have the same exact problem from the post below but the fix doesn't work =( Reapplied the full disk access settings, but still no luck. Can I get some advice on how to resolve this one? Thanks!

Edited by dwdblogger

@dwdblogger Could you share some more details?

• Which version of Alfred are you using?
  • Which version of macOS?
  • Which is your browser of choice? Does this match the one you ticked under Features > Web Bookmarks?
  • What keyword are you using to search your bookmarks? Does this match the one in the preferences?

If you can provide more details, we'll help you make sure you find your bookmarks :)

Thanks @Vero for the reply here's more detail:

• Which version of Alfred are you using?
    • 5.0.01 [2067]
  • Which version of macOS?
    • macOS Monterey 12.5
  • Which is your browser of choice? Does this match the one you ticked under Features > Web Bookmarks?
    • current browser of choice is Chrome
  • What keyword are you using to search your bookmarks? Does this match the one in the preferences?
    • yes the keyword i've been using is bm, which has been working fine until it mysteriously no longer works pretty similar to the post i mentioned

Thanks for your help!

@dwdblogger Taking a look at your Features > Web Bookmarks preferences, is Google Chrome Bookmarks ticked and (if relevant) is the correct user profile selected?

Please also check that Alfred has Full Disk Access (and follow the instructions to re-grant them if he already appears to have them as macOS sometimes needs these to be refreshed):

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/getting-started/permissions/

Let me know how you get on :)

Cheers,
Vero

@dwdblogger When you type "bm", do you see the "Search Bookmarks..." prompt?

Screenshot 2022-08-09 at 14.24.09.png

Having re-granted Full Disk Access, could you uncheck and re-check the Google Chrome Bookmarks in Alfred's preferences and re-select the relevant profile (as I think I get a glimpse of the dropdown from which you can choose a Google Chrome profile in your screenshot)?

If your issue persists, could you please drop an email to our info@ address and include your Diagnostics file (which you can get by typing "?diagnostics" into Alfred), which will allow me to see in more details how your Alfred preferences are configured. :) 

Cheers,
Vero

• 3 months later...
On 11/12/2022 at 5:15 AM, Vero said:

@Jasondm007 The outcome of @dwdblogger 's issue was that his Google Chrome profile's bookmarks file was corrupted. He fixed the corruption and the bookmarks became searchable again.

Might give you some hints as to what's happening on your Mac as well.

Thanks @Vero. Unfortunately, the only source I've selected for Alfred to use is Safari. So that can't be the issue.

20 hours ago, Jasondm007 said:

the only source I've selected for Alfred to use is Safari. So that can't be the issu

Okay, so your issue is different to the original thread creator's.

If it happens in a repeatable way, could you try identifying whether anything in particular happens on your Mac prior to bookmarks becoming inaccessible?

4 hours ago, Vero said:

If it happens in a repeatable way, could you try identifying whether anything in particular happens on your Mac prior to bookmarks becoming inaccessible?

Sure thing, @Vero! Thus far it's been incredibly sporadic. For instance, it'll happen twice in a day, and then it won't occur for a couple of weeks. It's really quite odd. As result, I have't been able to tie it to any particular Alfred or System related activities yet. But I'll let you know if it starts occurring more frequently or if I get a better sense of what's triggering the behavior. Luckily, as I mentioned previously, just restarting Alfred has always fixed it immediately ... so it hasn't been that big of a deal. Thanks again!