Alfred staying visible after use, and using wrong theme

Since switching to v5 I've noticed that Alfred will often stay on top even after I've used it. I have to press the keyboard shortcut a couple more times to make it "active" and then it will disappear. If I change theme, the "ghost" of Alfred will still show the previous theme. It doesn't matter what keyboard shortcut setting I use, this happens quite consistently.

Alfred version: 5.0.1 [2067]

macOS 12.5

Screenshot 2022-08-06 at 22.01.51.png

@jogobom it looks like you have 2 copies of Alfred running. Open Activity Monitor and you'll be able to confirm this.

The best thing to do would be to open the macOS System Preferences > Users > [your user] > Login Items, and remove any instances of Alfred from here, then add back Alfred 5. If you now reboot, there will only be one copy of Alfred running.

I could only see one copy of Alfred in Activity Monitor but I removed it from Login Items, without adding it back in, and rebooted. Alfred is running, even though it's not listed in Login Items. I guess that means I do have an instance of it being loaded via some other method?

Screenshot 2022-08-06 at 22.43.07.png

Thanks. I looked and there was only Alfred 5 in Applications folder. Alfred 4 was in my Bin. But I noticed that Alfred 5 had been added to my Login Items. So I rebooted again. And now the problem has come back again. Here is a picture of it failing to disappear after I have used to open something else.

image.thumb.png.244b5114dd4fbe23c6c2a0129d1d5584.png

@andy4222 I’ve hidden your response to avoid a potentially destructive action. App cleaners are not recommended because they can be overzealous and delete too much. If e.g. @jogobom doesn’t sync settings and an app cleaner decides to delete everything in ~/Library/Application Support/Alfred, all preferences and Workflows would be gone. Don’t try that if you don’t have an up-to-date backup.

Hi. I made sure I had an up-to-date backup of workflows etc. and then went down the route of thorough cleaning and reinstalling. So far, it does seem to have fixed the problem. I've rebooted a number of times and the problem has not occurred again. Hopefully that's it. Thanks for the help everybody.