Dark Sky Workflow

Hi conigs, thank you for your modification, love the Workflow!

I have one request: Is it possible to fix the order of the rows to now, whole day, tomorrow and next week? Because if I select the forecast for next week and go on the website, it afterwards is in the top row. That can get confusing, I find. But maybe that's just me, just a suggestion :)

Thanks anyway!

Oh, and I have another request: Would it be possible to fix the location manually? I use VPN and Unblock-US and am not really sure that that doesn't influence the IP Location stuff. A short experiment on some IP geolocation site I found to be half a continent off, for example. And a fixed location could help the speed to, right?

Oh, and I have another request: Would it be possible to fix the location manually? I use VPN and Unblock-US and am not really sure that that doesn't influence the IP Location stuff. A short experiment on some IP geolocation site I found to be half a continent off, for example. And a fixed location could help the speed to, right?

Seconding this. Being able to enter the location manually would be great!

Yep, I'll include this in. I'm thinking I'll put it as a manual over-ride in the workflow preferences (like it was in the Alfred 1 version of the extension) so that it doesn't take away from the simplicity of auto-location for the people who want to use that.

I'm going to spend some more time over the weekend including some feature requests and an update notifier and then I'll post another, hopefully final build.

Hi, if I set the units, the workflow no longer works. It says that it returned a non-JSON file. I do prefer US units, but I am getting use to metric. BTW: My location is Thailand. My only other problem is that it is much slower than others.

I'm not sure what would be causing that. If you open up the workflow folder, what is in the units setting? It should be either 'us','si','uk', or 'default'. I thought I had accounted for errors but I might have missed something.

Hi conigs, thank you for your modification, love the Workflow!

I have one request: Is it possible to fix the order of the rows to now, whole day, tomorrow and next week? Because if I select the forecast for next week and go on the website, it afterwards is in the top row. That can get confusing, I find. But maybe that's just me, just a suggestion :)

Thanks anyway!

That's Alfred re-ordering rows based on usage. I'm still pretty green to script filters and am not sure what the best way to override this would be.

Amazes me that people are loving the icons because I originally used those in my weather workflow and people complained.. *sigh*

To each their own I guess. I wonder how much of that has to do with getting those comments before Alfred was opened up to non-mega supporters?

Someone else made that comment and helped out with some code on github, but I never updated the workflow link. This should allow you to set location now.

That's Alfred re-ordering rows based on usage. I'm still pretty green to script filters and am not sure what the best way to override this would be.

I manually ordered results by setting the `uid` for each to 1, 2, 3... Seems to be respecting that order.

Someone else made that comment and helped out with some code on github, but I never updated the workflow link. This should allow you to set location now.

Thanks. I registered for the API key, set the location as specified in the very first post of this thread, and I got an "invalid response - not JSON object" error. Any ideas why I'm getting this?

I'm not sure what would be causing that. If you open up the workflow folder, what is in the units setting? It should be either 'us','si','uk', or 'default'. I thought I had accounted for errors but I might have missed something.

To each their own I guess. I wonder how much of that has to do with getting those comments before Alfred was opened up to non-mega supporters?

Well, I loaded this new one and it works fine now. Thanks.

Thanks. I registered for the API key, set the location as specified in the very first post of this thread, and I got an "invalid response - not JSON object" error. Any ideas why I'm getting this?

Do you mind posting your settings.plist file, or letting me know what's in the location string?

Do you mind posting your settings.plist file, or letting me know what's in the location string?

I was opening the file to copy the location string, and realized that there were only three decimals after the comma instead of four. I changed it to four and now it's working great. Thanks :)

Edited by Southgirl
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally got to wrapping up a few features in this workflow. This version has an updater built in so you will be notified when new version are available. I've also included options to over-ride the automatic location lookup directly in the script settings.

I wanted to keep the features of this pretty simple, but you can check out conigs version if you want something more.

http://cl.ly/3l213I273h0r

• 4 weeks later...

I just checked the weather and got this:

TJCEUOY.jpg

Those 24º are obviously wrong as I'm freezing my ass off  :P The web search on the left shows the right temperature right now. The settings are the same as the last time I changed them, and the workflow was working fine until today. 

Can anyone help me to figure out what's going on?

Edited by Southgirl