Jump to content

Opening selected files in an App


Recommended Posts

Hi.

 

I made this simple workflow to open selected files in the finder with CleanShot X.
The hotkey works, but I would like to restrict the shortcut only to when using Finder in order to avoid conflicting shortcuts in other applications.

As alternative, I would like to use a keyword, but I don't know if it's possible to pass the files as argument like with shortcuts.

Thanks a lot
 

1146611831_CleanShot2022-08-30at11_30_21.png.2fa74a31fb726923f1863e8e595fe294.png

Link to comment

Welcome @leohans,

 

1 hour ago, leohans said:

The hotkey works, but I would like to restrict the shortcut only to when using Finder

 

The Hotkey’s configuration has a second tab—Related Apps—which gives you this control.

 

1 hour ago, leohans said:

As alternative, I would like to use a keyword, but I don't know if it's possible to pass the files as argument like with shortcuts.

 

Connect the Keyword to the Get Selection in Finder Automation Task.

Link to comment
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, vitor said:

Welcome @leohans,

 

 

The Hotkey’s configuration has a second tab—Related Apps—which gives you this control.

 

 

Connect the Keyword to the Get Selection in Finder Automation Task.

 

Thanks a lot.
How can I add Finder as related app?
 

 

Edited by leohans
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, leohans said:

How can I add Finder as related app?

 

Explained in detail in the documentation. You drop it on the table.

 

4 minutes ago, leohans said:

I can't find Get Selection in the link

 

The link explains about the Automation Task object, which itself contains a lot of actions. Add it and you’ll find “Get Selection in Finder” under “Files and Folders”.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...