Spotify Mini Player: Control your Spotify library at your fingertips

Does this fix compatibility issues or does it just tell us which version of Spotify we have?

No it just tell AppleScript is broken, which is the case with last version of spotify. The problem is absolutely not with my workflow, it is spotify releasing a version of their software completely broken..all 3rdparty apps using applescrip are not working..and yes, this is absolutely unacceptable and you can complain to Spotify!

Edited by vdesabou

Note: with 6.1.2, you'll need to re-create your library. But the first time you'll use the workflow, you'll get an exception and the option to re-create the library. All local files will be handled properly instead of being ignored before. (was a bug with Spotify WEB api)

I'm stoked that you put in support for Mopidy. I hate the Spotfy app, and Mopidy + this workflow is a much better way to make it all work.

:)

Yeah I was not convinced at first but it's true that it is very cool to get rid of the Spotify app especially with the last update 1.0.x which is a total mess !!

Hope this is working well with your setup

Thanks so much for Mopidy support, it works great - and no more Spotify.app!

I have two questions:

1. When I select "Playlist (browse by playlist)", the list is empty until I type 3 search characters.

I would like it to display all my Spotify playlists without having to type a search query, how do I do that?

2. Now playing notifications aren't working when changing tracks? I have them enabled in the Settings and I can see them enabled in my Notifications preference pane (OS X 10.10.2).

Thanks again,

Edited by Martin

I have two questions:

1. When I select "Playlist (browse by playlist)", the list is empty until I type 3 search characters.

I would like it to display all my Spotify playlists without having to type a search query, how do I do that?

That should not be the case. All your playlists shall be displayed normally..

2. Now playing notifications aren't working when changing tracks? I have them enabled in the Settings and I can see them enabled in my Notifications preference pane (OS X 10.10.2).

Thanks again,

Do you have Now Playing notifications enabled in your Settings ?

Can you open a bug for the two questions as explained here http://alfred-spotify-mini-player.com/articles/support/ , I'll have a look once I get the issue opened and TGZ file.

Cheers !

Thanks so much for Mopidy support, it works great - and no more Spotify.app!

I have two questions:

Thanks again,

Can't help if you don't provide needed information :) 

Thanks a lot for the quick fix!

A related question:

I have Quick Mode enabled, but when I browse my playlists, I have to select the playlist and the select Launch Playlist, it doesn't start playing on the first selection - feature or bug?

Feature: Quick-Mode is only active in Main menu (see http://alfred-spotify-mini-player.com/articles/quick-mode/)

If you browse to sub-menus, Quick-Mode is not active. I thought it made more sense like that, when you want to quickly launch something, you type directly the name in main search and launch it. When you browse by genre (playlists, artists, etc) you don't know exactly what you want to listen, so normal behavior..

Feature: Quick-Mode is only active in Main menu (see http://alfred-spotify-mini-player.com/articles/quick-mode/)

If you browse to sub-menus, Quick-Mode is not active. I thought it made more sense like that, when you want to quickly launch something, you type directly the name in main search and launch it. When you browse by genre (playlists, artists, etc) you don't know exactly what you want to listen, so normal behavior..

OK, no biggie :) Thanks for a great workflow, I use it everyday, now that it has Mopidy support.

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to say thank you so much for this! 

This workflow is what made me purchase an Alfred Powerpack license. Been using Alfred for ages but never really looked at workflows.

I was looking for a way to run a mini type Spotify app, from the taskbar, as I find the actual spotify app to get in the way and disruptive to my work.

Anyhow, my trek through the internets I discovered this and mopidy, voila !

Again, cheers matey! 

Just want to say thank you so much for this! 

This workflow is what made me purchase an Alfred Powerpack license. Been using Alfred for ages but never really looked at workflows.

I was looking for a way to run a mini type Spotify app, from the taskbar, as I find the actual spotify app to get in the way and disruptive to my work.

Anyhow, my trek through the internets I discovered this and mopidy, voila !

Again, cheers matey! 

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate to have some good feedback like this !  :)

I'm glad Mopidy support is appreciated as well

Don't hesitate if you have enhancement ideas, I'm always open to improve the workflow !

Hi and thanks for sharing this great workflow!

Is it possible to change sorting order of album in your music  > album?

in spotify I've always set My Music to "recent" to see last added albums. would be great to have that order in the workflow

Edited by eriksatie

Hi and thanks for sharing this great workflow!

Is it possible to change sorting order of album in your music  > album?

in spotify I've always set My Music to "recent" to see last added albums. would be great to have that order in the workflow

That's a good idea! I've opened this issue to track progress: https://github.com/vdesabou/alfred-spotify-mini-player/issues/77

Cheers!