Spotify Mini Player: Control your Spotify library at your fingertips

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 6/20/2018 at 9:32 PM, vdesabou said:

Thanks!!!

sure you can, everything is explained here 

http://alfred-spotify-mini-player.com/articles/now-playing/

I've tried this several times, but I'm afraid it keeps giving me notifications and they're really distracting me. 

When I go to my notification settings the Spotify mini player isn't displayed. Just the normal spotify. I've turned off all sorts of notifications, but it won't work. Any chance you can help me out?

image.png.5367948fcfdfcc80425cdd96c20d9d11.png

On 4/12/2019 at 6:35 PM, Nocholito said:

I've tried this several times, but I'm afraid it keeps giving me notifications and they're really distracting me. 

When I go to my notification settings the Spotify mini player isn't displayed. Just the normal spotify. I've turned off all sorts of notifications, but it won't work. Any chance you can help me out?

Sure I will help you. You can either open a Github issue or send an email as explained here http://alfred-spotify-mini-player.com/articles/support/

I will follow up with you outside of this forum

On 4/15/2019 at 1:36 PM, vdesabou said:

On 4/12/2019 at 6:35 PM, Nocholito said:

Have a look here: https://github.com/vdesabou/alfred-spotify-mini-player/issues/268

• 1 month later...

Ehhh... silly of me to update Alfred so soon after release.

Anyway, this workflow doesn't work in Alfred 4, thought it was worth mentioning - the upgrade migration process hasn't migrated my client ID/API key, and the welcome screen that suggests opening "Spotify Application page" does not open it, this is the error I see in the debugger:

>/bin/bash: /Users/<username>/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred/Workflow Data/com.vdesabou.spotify.mini.player/action.log: No such file or directory

When I created that file manually, it worked.

11 hours ago, Maddog said:

Ehhh... silly of me to update Alfred so soon after release.

Anyway, this workflow doesn't work in Alfred 4, thought it was worth mentioning - the upgrade migration process hasn't migrated my client ID/API key, and the welcome screen that suggests opening "Spotify Application page" does not open it, this is the error I see in the debugger:

>/bin/bash: /Users/<username>/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred/Workflow Data/com.vdesabou.spotify.mini.player/action.log: No such file or directory

When I created that file manually, it worked.

Here is a link to an "Alfred 4 only" version: https://transfer.sh/TLlch/spotifyminiplayer-beta.alfredworkflow

Let me know if you still get issues

• 1 month later...

Hello,

How can I completely uninstall this workflow? It seems that the downloaded data (library, artworks, etc.) still remain after I removed the workflow on Alfred's workflow list.

(When I remove and re-install the workflow, the library remains as downloaded.)

Edited by Jay_Y
39 minutes ago, Jay_Y said:

Hello,

How can I completely uninstall this workflow? It seems that the downloaded data (library, artworks, etc.) still remain after I removed the workflow on Alfred's workflow list.

(When I remove and re-install the workflow, the library remains as downloaded.)

You can remove the two following directories:

/Users/<YOU>/Library/Application Support/Alfred/Workflow Data/com.vdesabou.spotify.mini.player/

/Users/<YOU>/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred/Workflow Data/com.vdesabou.spotify.mini.player/

53 minutes ago, vdesabou said:

You can remove the two following directories:

/Users/<YOU>/Library/Application Support/Alfred/Workflow Data/com.vdesabou.spotify.mini.player/

/Users/<YOU>/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred/Workflow Data/com.vdesabou.spotify.mini.player/

Thanks so much for your quick reply! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for such a huge and useful workflow! 

When I add the current song to a playlist, it doesn't add it where one would expect; it gets added to the top of the playlist. When adding songs using the desktop GUI they end up at the bottom. Would it be possible to mimic this behavior instead? Or supply an option to choose either.

Cheers, M 

1 hour ago, multicolor said:

Thanks for such a huge and useful workflow! 

When I add the current song to a playlist, it doesn't add it where one would expect; it gets added to the top of the playlist. When adding songs using the desktop GUI they end up at the bottom. Would it be possible to mimic this behavior instead? Or supply an option to choose either.

Cheers, M 

thanks! Actually it already exists, it is parameter called append_to_playlist_when_adding_track, see details in Article

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/6/2019 at 12:37 PM, vdesabou said:

you probably have the notification style as Alert, in OS X notifications preferences for Spotify Mini Player app, see Link

Thank you, that did the trick, my notifications were set to "Alerts", I've never on that settings screen, so some OS upgrade or something changed the default.

• 2 months later...

Hello.

Fresh Alfred user here and trying this great workflow out.

I'm still in the process of downloading artwork but I got a question/issue with the Notification window. From the guide the notifications that popus up have the Spotify Mini Player name with the beautiful green icons but for me instead of that I have a terminal-notifier as the application with the terminal icon.

Is there a way to fix this?

I'm running Catalina 10.15.4 and Alfred 4.0.9.

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 23.32.53.png

10 hours ago, AeroZ said:

Hello.

Fresh Alfred user here and trying this great workflow out.

I'm still in the process of downloading artwork but I got a question/issue with the Notification window. From the guide the notifications that popus up have the Spotify Mini Player name with the beautiful green icons but for me instead of that I have a terminal-notifier as the application with the terminal icon.

Is there a way to fix this?

I'm running Catalina 10.15.4 and Alfred 4.0.9.

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 23.32.53.png

Can you try to follow this : 

• 1 month later...

When first installing the workflow it worked very nicely, but it started to open the spotify desktop app, not really being able to run anything using Alfred anymore. I've tried removing and adding the workflow (including related folders) and reinstalling Alfred. Any suggestions?

13 hours ago, friedmilk said:

When first installing the workflow it worked very nicely, but it started to open the spotify desktop app, not really being able to run anything using Alfred anymore. I've tried removing and adding the workflow (including related folders) and reinstalling Alfred. Any suggestions?

Can you follow those steps http://alfred-spotify-mini-player.com/articles/support/ to send me a debug zip file, I'll have a look. Please detail in the email what you are observing (screenshots and/or video might help) because it is not clear why you would not be able to use Alfred because of my workflow

7 hours ago, vdesabou said:

Can you follow those steps http://alfred-spotify-mini-player.com/articles/support/ to send me a debug zip file, I'll have a look. Please detail in the email what you are observing (screenshots and/or video might help) because it is not clear why you would not be able to use Alfred because of my workflow

Oh, sorry! I was being unclear. I meant to say that I'm not being able to run anything in Spotify mini anymore. Alfred is running just fine. Whenever I try to play a song from Spotify mini it just launches the Spotify desktop app and nothing happens. After the Spotify desktop app has started and I'm trying to play songs using Spotify mini it doesn't do anything either. I am connected to my account and I can browse around in Spotify mini, but it doesn't want to play anything.