Spotify Mini Player: Control your Spotify library at your fingertips

From the debug files you provided, It looks like it is working fine. The library creation was in progress, 103 tracks are processed.

Don't forget that the first time, it downloads every artwork so it can take a while!

So if you killed the update library, you can restart it by executing "update library".

Then be patient :)

To avoid confusion, I've added in the next version a nice progress bar:

8yDg+.png

:)

Hi vdesabou,

Still loving this workflow and the new features are bringing it along nicely.

I do however get an error when I update my library telling me a starred playlist already exists, I believe this is due to me being subscribed to my brothers starred list as well as having my own one. Is having starred playlists from other user Id's something you'll be able to handle in your code in a future release?

I'll run an update on my library either tonight or tomorrow so I can send you the actual error details.

The error process is:

- run update library

- hit the export JSON button in spotify when it launches

- wait

- notification received detailing an error regarding starred playlist already existing

- new progress bar hangs at 0 songs processed

- run spot_mini_kill_update to release the mini player and allow me to use it with the old/partially updated library

Cheers,

WelchWay

Edited by WelchWay

Hi vdesabou,

I do however get an error when I update my library telling me a starred playlist already exists, I believe this is due to me being subscribed to my brothers starred list as well as having my own one. Is having starred playlists from other user Id's something you'll be able to handle in your code in a future release?

I'll run an update on my library either tonight or tomorrow so I can send you the actual error details.

The error process is:

- run update library

- wait

- notification received detailing an error regarding starred playlist already existing

- run spot_mini_kill_update to release the mini player and allow me to use it with the old/partially updated library

Cheers,

WelchWay

Hi, 

Thanks for reporting this. I'm glad you still use this workflow!

1- I see why you get the error that starred playlist already exist, I'll fix that

2-Using the Export JSON data should not have any effect, I'll remove it in next version

3-I don't see why however the progress bar remains blocked to 0, on my side I reproduce the starred playlist error, but it does' prevent the update library to finish. So yes i'm interested by the debug tgz file.

FYI I get at the end:

Error: table "playlist_starred" already exists
Library has been created (3065 tracks)

So library is created except for the other starred playlist

Cheers

Edited by vdesabou

Hi vdesabou,

The error process is:

- run update library

- wait

Cheers,

WelchWay

Try this new version:

Download Workflow

New version worked beautifully. Thanks a lot.

The new update process and the progress bar are fantastic, solid work.

Thanks!

I agree, this workflow is awesome  ;)

Just for you and your 100+ playlists, I added playlists artworks!

B762+.png

3.5:

* Added artworks to playlists! Please update your library to enjoy this new feature

Download Workflow

First of all: thanks for this brilliant extension. I love it!

However, when trying to update my library, I keep getting an error: "... syntax error near unexpected token..."

How can I send you the debug file? I uploaded it to wikisend.com now: spot_mini_debug.tgz

Thanks I appreciate!

Ok so this error was caused by just one track where album name is "/\ // \/ Y" from M.I.A. What an idea to name an album like that :)

So I fixed the issue in version 3.7.3, re-install the workflow and then you can just update the playlist where this "XXXO" song is.

3.7.3:

* Fixed problem when antislash is in album,track,artist name

Download Workflow

I'm out of ideas for improvements now.

If you have any suggestions, it would be welcome  :P

I'm no longer seeing the now playing song when I launch the mini player (v 3.7.2 in OSX Mavericks)

Also, what about having access to the current playing playlist from the main menu in the same way that you can access the album for the now playing song (As you could when the now playing track was displayed) instead of having to navigate back to it through the playlists menu?

Any help with either would be appreciated

I'm no longer seeing the now playing song when I launch the mini player (v 3.7.2 in OSX Mavericks)

Also, what about having access to the current playing playlist from the main menu in the same way that you can access the album for the now playing song (As you could when the now 

playing track was displayed) instead of having to navigate back to it through the playlists menu?

Any help with either would be appreciated

Hi,

Can you open an issue for the 'now playing' problem here Create a new issue.

I guess you have something in your environment that cause issue with applescript.

For the playlist idea, that's a good suggestion. Problem is that I can't really know what playing is running. However I know from the track being played the list of playlists from which the track belong. So I could display an entry for every playlist where the current song belong.

So let's say the current track belongs to your playlist "A" and "B", I could display playlist "A" and "B" in the main window but I cannot be 100% sure which one is being used. So i'm not sure that's a perfect solution.

Hi,

Can you open an issue for the 'now playing' problem here Create a new issue.

I guess you have something in your environment that cause issue with applescript.

For the playlist idea, that's a good suggestion. Problem is that I can't really know what playing is running. However I know from the track being played the list of playlists from which the track belong. So I could display an entry for every playlist where the current song belong.

So let's say the current track belongs to your playlist "A" and "B", I could display playlist "A" and "B" in the main window but I cannot be 100% sure which one is being used. So i'm not sure that's a perfect solution.

Hi,

I've created the issue in GitHub for you.

With regards to the playlist issue - what about showing a "Last Launched Playlist" type option?

Hi,

today i tried to install your Spotify mini player. I use Mavericks, latest Alfred, latest Spotify and the latest version of your script. I also enabled the Spotify App API. But every time i tried to update the library the first time, Spotify says 'Faild to load application miniplayer' and 'Application is not installed'.

I tried to reinstall everything several times, but without success.

Can you give me a hand.

Thanx

Efty  

Hi,

today i tried to install your Spotify mini player. I use Mavericks, latest Alfred, latest Spotify and the latest version of your script. I also enabled the Spotify App API. But every time i tried to update the library the first time, Spotify says 'Faild to load application miniplayer' and 'Application is not installed'.

I tried to reinstall everything several times, but without success.

Can you give me a hand.

Thanx

Efty  

Hi,

In https://developer.spotify.com/technologies/apps/ page, you should see: 

Developer Account

Your account has already been enabled to use the Spotify Apps API. Happy hacking!

Did you try to login/logout in Spotify?

Did you download and install latest version of Spotify?

If you're still unlucky after that, please provide the tgz generated by  "spot_mini_debug"

Thanks

Hi again,

i did all that you wrote in your manual, so here are my logs

DEBUG.LOG

DEBUG: Library update in progress: the file/Users/Efty/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.vdesabou.spotify.mini.player/update_library_in_progress is present
The directory/Users/Efty/Spotify/spotify-app-miniplayer is not present
The directory/Users/Efty/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.vdesabou.spotify.mini.player/library.db is not present
Darwin MacBook-Pro.local 13.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.0.0: Thu Sep 19 22:22:27 PDT 2013; root:xnu-2422.1.72~6/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64 

OUTPUTLOG

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<items><item arg="" valid="no"><arg></arg><title>Workflow is not configured, library.db is missing</title><subtitle>Select Install library below</subtitle><icon>./images/warning.png</icon></item><item arg="|||||||update_library||" valid="yes"><arg>|||||||update_library||</arg><title>Install library</title><subtitle>when done you'll receive a notification. you can check progress by invoking the workflow again</subtitle><icon>./images/update.png</icon></item></items>

If you really need the tar.gz of the logs, than please let me know how to send it to you.

Best Regards

Efty

Edited by Efty Edge

Hi again,

i did all that you wrote in your manual, so here are my logs

DEBUG.LOG

DEBUG: Library update in progress: the file/Users/Efty/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.vdesabou.spotify.mini.player/update_library_in_progress is present
The directory/Users/Efty/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.vdesabou.spotify.mini.player/library.db is not present
Darwin MacBook-Pro.local 13.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.0.0: Thu Sep 19 22:22:27 PDT 2013; root:xnu-2422.1.72~6/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64 

OUTPUTLOG

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<items><item arg="" valid="no"><arg></arg><title>Workflow is not configured, library.db is missing</title><subtitle>Select Install library below</subtitle><icon>./images/warning.png</icon></item><item arg="|||||||update_library||" valid="yes"><arg>|||||||update_library||</arg><title>Install library</title><subtitle>when done you'll receive a notification. you can check progress by invoking the workflow again</subtitle><icon>./images/update.png</icon></item></items>

If you really need the tar.gz of the logs, than please let me know how to send it to you.

Best Regards

Efty

That's the problem.

Can you use command "spot_mini_kill_update" to stop update and then restart the workflow 'spot_mini"

Normally it should create a directory in /Users/Efty/Spotify/spotify-app-miniplayer

If not please let me know

And at last ...

you are right, the link to the mini player from the spotify folder to the alfred workflow folder was corrupt. Now it works!

Thank you very much for your help and for this fantastic workflow.

Efty

I have never been able to reproduce or understand why it happens for some people..

Anyway, I hope you'll appreciate the workflow. 

Don't hesitate to ask if you have problems or suggestions

Cheers