Spotify Mini Player: Control your Spotify library at your fingertips

Yes that's definitely doable, I can add it in next version.

Cheers

Hi,

So I finally decided to go for the first option, i.e display all playlists where the current track belong:

It gives something like this:

qzVc+.png

This is in version 3.8.

Cheers

So I thought I had authenticated my Spotify account as a developer account so I went ahead and downloaded the workflow and initiated the library.  It was taking a while, which I saw it was mentioned it takes a while but I thought I might just go double check spotify.  Well I guess I hadn't, so I made my account a developer account.  How should I go about this? I'm pretty new to all the Alfred workflows and what not.

So I thought I had authenticated my Spotify account as a developer account so I went ahead and downloaded the workflow and initiated the library.  It was taking a while, which I saw it was mentioned it takes a while but I thought I might just go double check spotify.  Well I guess I hadn't, so I made my account a developer account.  How should I go about this? I'm pretty new to all the Alfred workflows and what not.

Hi,

Can you share the tgz file generated by "spot_mini_debug" command, I'll have a look

If you go in Spotify and type in search field "spottily:app:mini player", do you have an error?

Yeah! Here's the file.  I didn't see any error but spotify was asking me to restart to upgrade to the latest version, which I did but it still said restart.  I think it's some kind of but because I uninstalled it yesterday and downloaded the latest version.  Weird..   I can't figure out how to add a file here so here's a link to the file via my Google Drive: http://goo.gl/T5Jbg8

Yeah! Here's the file.  I didn't see any error but spotify was asking me to restart to upgrade to the latest version, which I did but it still said restart.  I think it's some kind of but because I uninstalled it yesterday and downloaded the latest version.  Weird..   I can't figure out how to add a file here so here's a link to the file via my Google Drive: http://goo.gl/T5Jbg8

can you kill the library update by invoking "spot_mini_kill" command:

q8Rs+.png

Can you download the workflow again, I've made some changes:

alfred-workflow-icon.png

Then follow these steps:

• Type "spot_mini" or configured hotkey to invoke Spotify Mini Player, and select "1/ Open Spotify Mini Player App <spotify:app:miniplayer>"

ssf0+.png

• If it doesn't work (Spotify indicates "Failed to load application miniplayer."):

* try to restart Spotify multiple times

* try to logout/login

* make sure you see in Developer Account:

Developer Account
Your account has already been enabled to use the Spotify Apps API. Happy hacking!
  • If it works, invoke the Spotify Mini Player workflow again and select "2/ Install library"

Okay, so still no luck.

Developer account is square.  I saw that happy hacking this morning.

It's showing the "Spotify indicates "Failed to load application miniplayer."

But it's saying it's corrupted, which I'm assuming is the same. Here's a screenshot.  http://goo.gl/wAjMtt

Also I'm assuming when you say logout/login that you are talking about logout/login to spotify but just to be sure I logged-out/logged-in to my machine and it's still not working.  Hmm…

I do have another Spotify workflow installed called Spotify by Jeff Johns.  Do you think that might be interfering?

Okay, so still no luck.

Developer account is square.  I saw that happy hacking this morning.[/size]

It's showing the "Spotify indicates "Failed to load application miniplayer."[/size]

But it's saying it's corrupted, which I'm assuming is the same. Here's a screenshot.  [/size]http://goo.gl/wAjMtt[/size]

Also I'm assuming when you say logout/login that you are talking about logout/login to spotify but just to be sure I logged-out/logged-in to my machine and it's still not working.  Hmm…[/size]

I do have another Spotify workflow installed called Spotify by Jeff Johns.  Do you think that might be interfering?[/size]

No the other Spotify workflow is not a problem

The fact that it is saying that workflow is corrupted is different problem.I've made some changes in 3.8.3 to detect and fix that. Can you install this version and invoke the workflow again?

alfred-workflow-icon.png

Let me know how it goes. If you still have issues, please provide your debug tgz file

So what specifically is special about the 'Alfred Playlist' and forgive me for my skills in cs are still young but what is the "Set Your Alfred Playlist URI" and how do you use it?

Also, how do I use the 'Search for music in your starred playlist'? I'm not able to leverage it fully.

And one other thing, is it possible to star a song, go to the next song, or reverse to the previous song from this wf? Totally cool if not, but a good idea if possible!

I was thinking if there was a way to leverage the left and right arrow keys kind of like how you can go into actions on folders when using "cmd + option +  /". Left for revert to last song/replay last song, right goes to the next song.  Any thoughts?

So what specifically is special about the 'Alfred Playlist' and forgive me for my skills in cs are still young but what is the "Set Your Alfred Playlist URI" and how do you use it?

Here is more information:

Alfred Playlist

The Alfred Playlist is a playlist where tracks, albums and even playlists can be added from within the workflow.

• Create a playlist within Spotify and name it "Alfred Playlist"

A0vQ+.png

• Right click on it and copy Spotify URI

BjPA+.png

• Enter copied URI in Spotify Mini Player Alfred Playlist section

aWFZ+.png

• To add a track to your playlist select it with fn modifier

9TZ0+.png

• To add an album or another playlist to your playlist select it with shift modifier

Zmow+.png

nJGw+.png

Also, how do I use the 'Search for music in your starred playlist'? I'm not able to leverage it fully.

You can restrict search to only your starred playlist, if you want to. If you set to ALL, then your entire library will be used for search. Does it make sense now?

And one other thing, is it possible to star a song, go to the next song, or reverse to the previous song from this wf? Totally cool if not, but a good idea if possible!

Yes :)

See:

Commands

DVSn+.png

I was thinking if there was a way to leverage the left and right arrow keys kind of like how you can go into actions on folders when using "cmd + option +  /". Left for revert to last song/replay last song, right goes to the next song.  Any thoughts?

No that's not possible, arrow keys can only be used when it is a file type. But anyway, I think you already have the "next" and "previous" commands to do what you want, right?

Edited by vdesabou

Okay so we have another little problem.  It's showing this: http://goo.gl/cPiuJp

Yes, I've already seen that, see post here             #131            

I think it's because of the time it takes for the playlist to be synchronized on Spotify servers. When I validate the name of the playlist, I have to lookup online the playlist, if the synchronization has not been done yet, the lookup does not return results.

So I guess if you try now, it should work better, can you try again?

I'll try to display a more meaningful error.

Yeah it's still displaying the same message.  Let me know if you think of something! Besides that, great workflow. :D

Thanks!

Can you access this playlist in a web browser (right click on it in spotify->copy HTTP link)?

Also can you provide the Spotify URI of this playlist (by MP if you prefer), I'll try on my side

I tried to copy the URL from the web app but whenever I would click on "copy spotify url' it wouldn't put anything in my clipboard.

Here's the url: Alfred Playlist

This is not a url. What I'm expecting is something like spotify:user:napstersean:playlist:3vxotOnOGDlZXyzJPLFnm2

Use the application instead of web app maybe.

Also past the url into a text editor before copy/pasting here because the forum seems to transform the url badly

I thought that would put the correct link in your address bar.  Sorry about that! Here it is.  spotify:user:launchfishers:playlist:6km4PV6wTP5DwSRSdWFxqX

It seems to be working fine, see:

P0zu+.png

Make sure you don't add some extra spaces or things like that.

Let me know if this is still not working.

Hi everyone!

When I select shared playlist - Spot Mini Player doesn't play them

When I select my own playlists - SMP plays them just fine.

dJz6xkiulx4F3jeo3I12U1CIA.png

uYFwkcM2VsN0e6xzXu5lyh5Ke.png

I press Enter and nothing happens. Alfred window just goes away.

I tried updating Playlist library - no luck. What should I do?