Spotify Mini Player: Control your Spotify library at your fingertips

I've updated the library, re-cached all the artworks and changed the max results to 15 as well (I thought it would affect the amount of playlists returned but it doesn't) There's been a slight performance increase which is nice.

Happy Days.

I was thinking can it set up so that if I type "playlist" or "artist" or "album" etc it goes to the "browse by {x}" sub menu instead of performing the search? maybe hook it to {x}: e.g Playlist: Top 40 and it will find the playlist like it does in the playlist sub menu and allow you browse/launch/etc?

Also, is it possible to add a whole playlist to the Alfred playlist with the shift option like you have on the albums? I'm using the AP basically as a play queue and I often combine several playlists into a "now playing" one in spotify and then play from the new one

Done  :P

2.5:

• Quick access to menus, for example start typing setting and Settings menu will be selectioned
  • Add a playlist to Alfred Playlist using ⇧ modifier
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the latest version of Spotify and a Developer account. 

When I try to run the mini-player app for the first time nothing happens.

Hi,

Are you talking about the spotify app here? If so, what do you see when you set "spotify:app:miniplayer" in the spotify search bar?

Can you check that you have a directory spotify-app-miniplayer in ~/Spotify ?

Hello I too have signed up for a developer account and installed the latest version of Spotify

When I use alfred to run the mini app and click on open spotify mini app, nothing happens

When I add this "spotify:app:miniplayer" to the search bar in Spotify I get the following.

Image.jpg

I can also confirm I have a directory spotify-app-miniplayer in ~/Spotify

Thanks

[...]

Image.jpg

If you have this, everything looks fine. You just need to follow steps in my first post in "First time use" section. You're at step "Click the BLUE button to generate JSON data". Normally you just need to follow all the steps and you should be fine.

Let me know if you need more help!

If you have this, everything looks fine. You just need to follow steps in my first post in "First time use" section. You're at step "Click the BLUE button to generate JSON data". Normally you just need to follow all the steps and you should be fine.

Let me know if you need more help!

I copied the code and went back to the "Install Library" section but nothing happens?

EDIT: Its working now, just had to wait a little, Thanks 

Edited by mattsaundersmcp

Same here - unable to run the app! If I add the app manually, it disappears after reboot. 

If you can see the same thing as "mattsaundersmcp", then you're fine. When you say that the app disappear after reboot, I think you mean that if you add the spotify mini player as Favorite, it is removed from favorite side bar at next spottily startup. I experience this as well. That's a small bug. The app is not removed, it just does not appear in sidebar. But you can still call it using the alfred spotify mini player menu, or just type "spotify:app:miniplayer" in search bar. But remember you need to access this app only when you have to update your library.

Let me know if you need more help. Appreciate your feedback

I copied the code and went back to the "Install Library" section but nothing happens?

After some time (with my library it takes about 15 seconds), you should get a notification saying that library has been created/updated.

Can you check your /Users/YOUR_USER/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.vdesabou.spotify.mini.player directory and let me know if you have some files in there?

You should have a library.json, library_starred_playlist.json and playlist_*.json files (one per playlist)

How long does it take to create that JSON file? It doesn't get created here, although I really had the info copied on my clipboard... What to do?

Depends on the size of your library (number of playlists you have), but for a user who had 100+ playlists, i think it was something like 2 minutes, no more.

In any case, you should get a notification, even if you get an error.

Can you check your /Users/YOUR_USER/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.vdesabou.spotify.mini.player directory and let me know if you have some files in there?

You should have a library.json, library_starred_playlist.json and playlist_*.json files (one per playlist)

Normally, you should have at least a library.json file, as this file is created instantly with the content of the clipboard. Other files are generated. So if you have a library.json, send it to me and I'll see if I have issues loading it as well.

Thanks

Depends on the size of your library (number of playlists you have), but for a user who had 100+ playlists, i think it was something like 2 minutes, no more.

In any case, you should get a notification, even if you get an error.

Normally, you should have at least a library.json file, as this file is created instantly with the content of the clipboard. Other files are generated. So if you have a library.json, send it to me and I'll see if I have issues loading it as well.

Thanks

There is only a settings.plist in there, generated today. I don't get any notification at all... Maybe it's worth mentioning I sync/store my Alfred Workflow in my Dropbox?

There is only a settings.plist in there, generated today. I don't get any notification at all... Maybe it's worth mentioning I sync/store my Alfred Workflow in my Dropbox?

The Dropbox syncing should not be a problem.

Once you have the JSON data in your clipboard, are you sure you have followed steps:

• Type "spot_mini" or configured hotkey to invoke Spotify Mini Player, and select "Install library"

wF47+.png

• Technically speaking, it will paste the content of the clipboard, so the JSON library into a file called library.json in the app data directory : */Users/YOUR_USER/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.vdesabou.spotify.mini.player. All After some time, you should get a notification saying that library has been created

The Dropbox syncing should not be a problem.

Once you have the JSON data in your clipboard, are you sure you have followed steps:

• Type "spot_mini" or configured hotkey to invoke Spotify Mini Player, and select "Install library"

wF47+.png

• Technically speaking, it will paste the content of the clipboard, so the JSON library into a file called library.json in the app data directory : */Users/YOUR_USER/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.vdesabou.spotify.mini.player. All After some time, you should get a notification saying that library has been created

Yes, I did that and double checked everything multiple times. Isn't there another way I can create that file myself?

Yes, I did that and double checked everything multiple times. Isn't there another way I can create that file myself?

No it needs to be done by the workflow.

Can you please install this version http://d.pr/f/LTyN , and provide output.log and output_action.log located in spottily workflow directory once you tried to create the library

Thanks

No it needs to be done by the workflow.

Can you please install this version http://d.pr/f/LTyN , and provide output.log and output_action.log located in spottily workflow directory once you tried to create the library

Thanks

Installed, now I'm stuck at 

abgV4Ms8.png

waiting for minutes... (and no logs yet...)

Edited by timkro

Installed, now I'm stuck at 

abgV4Ms8.png

waiting for minutes... (and no logs yet...)

If you have this, normally you should have a library.json file, otherwise you would have:

VWDv+.png

Can you check again that you still don't have a library.json file?

Still no output logs?

If you have this, normally you should have a library.json file, otherwise you would have:

VWDv+.png

Can you check again that you still don't have a library.json file?

Still no output logs?

This morning I did it again with the workflow you send me and suddenly INSIDE the workflowfile in a dir called workflows, appeared the log files. Get them here.

This morning I did it again with the workflow you send me and suddenly INSIDE the workflowfile in a dir called workflows, appeared the log files. Get them here.

I see "ln: /Users/timkro/Spotify/spotify-app-miniplayer: File exists" that should prevent alfred to display results.

Can you try to delete directory /Users/timkro/Spotify/spotify-app-miniplayer and then copy the spotify-app-miniplayer

directory located in the workflow folder back to /Users/timkro/Spotify ?

I see "ln: /Users/timkro/Spotify/spotify-app-miniplayer: File exists" that should prevent alfred to display results.

Can you try to delete directory /Users/timkro/Spotify/spotify-app-miniplayer and then copy the spotify-app-miniplayer

directory located in the workflow folder back to /Users/timkro/Spotify ?

How do I get inside the workflow file to get that dir? There's no "View Package Contents".

How do I get inside the workflow file to get that dir? There's no "View Package Contents".

Double click spot_mini:

Ekz1+.png

and then open workflow folder:

SfiR+.png