Spotify Mini Player: Control your Spotify library at your fingertips

That the problem. Spotify says "Application is not installed". I have logout an login and the same.

Did you manage to fix this problem?

If not are you sure you enabled Spotify Apps API?

Your developer account should show:

Developer Account

Your account has already been enabled to use the Spotify Apps API. Happy hacking!

Did you manage to fix this problem?

If not are you sure you enabled Spotify Apps API?

Your developer account should show:

Developer Account

Your account has already been enabled to use the Spotify Apps API. Happy hacking!

I am having issues as well. I see the Happy hacking! I quite Spotify, logged out and then logged back in and when I type spot_mini I do not get anything but http://cl.ly/image/1C0q1U3B2U2z. Any suggestions? 

Here you go. I did not know it was in php or else I would have looked at it myself. 

http://cl.ly/image/233D0f2k4145

The workflow cannot read the settings that are stored in a sqlite DB located in /Users/YOUR_USER/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.vdesabou.spotify.mini.player/settings.db directory.

Can you check that you have this settings.db file in  /Users/YOUR_USER/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.vdesabou.spotify.mini.player directory.

If you have, delete it and when next time the workflow is invoked, a new one should be created with default values.

Keep me posted 

The workflow cannot read the settings that are stored in a sqlite DB located in /Users/YOUR_USER/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.vdesabou.spotify.mini.player/settings.db directory.

Can you check that you have this settings.db file in  /Users/YOUR_USER/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.vdesabou.spotify.mini.player directory.

If you have, delete it and when next time the workflow is invoked, a new one should be created with default values.

l

Keep me posted 

I have no settings.db directory and I do not remember manually deleting it. And when I invoke the mini player it does not seem to be getting created.

I have no settings.db directory and I do not remember manually deleting it. And when I invoke the mini player it does not seem to be getting created.

That's strange, because the file should be created if the file does not exist, if you know php, here is the related code:

//
// Create settings.db with default values if needed
//
if(!file_exists($w->data() . "/settings.db"))
{
	touch($w->data() . "/settings.db");

$sql = 'sqlite3 "' . $w->data() . '/settings.db" ' . ' "create table settings (all_playlists boolean, is_spotifious_active boolean, is_alfred_playlist_active boolean, is_displaymorefrom_active boolean, max_results int, alfred_playlist_uri text, country_code text)"';
	exec($sql);

$sql = 'sqlite3 "' . $w->data() . '/settings.db" ' . '"insert into settings values (0,1,1,1,50,\"\",\"\")"';
	exec($sql);
}

The touch($w->data() . "/settings.db"), should at least create the file.

Are you sure you do not have this file? In the same directory, you should see a library.db as well..

My bad I do have them. The way I was navigating to the folder with pathfinder did not show them. I have both library.db and settings.db

ok, it makes more sense :)

So now that you have a correct settings.db file, can you try to update the library?

If after that it is still not working, please post the output of output.log

I think I start to understand the problem :-)

Can you delete the library.db file and then try to launch spot_mini ?

this issue with PHP notices is something I have with a lot of workflows based on PHP, since I am a PHP developer myself I have set the error reporting in my php.ini to E_ALL | E_STRICT, meaning I will get all errors, warnings and notices printed. The quick fix is changing the setting in your php.ini file. The solution I've done is adding:

error_reporting(0);

to php-files in the workflows that are not working for me.

this issue with PHP notices is something I have with a lot of workflows based on PHP, since I am a PHP developer myself I have set the error reporting in my php.ini to E_ALL | E_STRICT, meaning I will get all errors, warnings and notices printed. The quick fix is changing the setting in your php.ini file. The solution I've done is adding:

error_reporting(0);

to php-files in the workflows that are not working for me.

Allright :-)

I can add it to the workflow then, or you can do a Pull request on git if you want :-) 

https://github.com/vdesabou/alfred-spotify-mini-player

Thanks

I think I start to understand the problem :-)

Can you delete the library.db file and then try to launch spot_mini ?

I tried deleting the library.db file and when I relaunch  the spot_mini i still get nothing. I also tried adding the error_reporting(0); to all the php files and looking. I also tried delete the entire workflow and reinstalling it and nothing still sorry for all the trouble. I am a php developer as well

I tried deleting the library.db file and when I relaunch  the spot_mini i still get nothing. I also tried adding the error_reporting(0); to all the php files and looking. I also tried delete the entire workflow and reinstalling it and nothing still sorry for all the trouble. I am a php developer as well

Allright, can you post output.log to see what you get now?

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem as the last couple of folks....  I type in "spot_mini" and nothing happens.

I tried following some suggestions you had for the others, like finding the file in Application Support but there's nothing there like that.

Any help?

I'm having the same problem as the last couple of folks....  I type in "spot_mini" and nothing happens.

I tried following some suggestions you had for the others, like finding the file in Application Support but there's nothing there like that.

Any help?

Hi,

Yes I would be happy to help. Can you open an issue here https://github.com/vdesabou/alfred-spotify-mini-player/issues ?

I would need for investigation what it inside the output.log file which is located in the spotify mini player workflow folder

Hi,

Yes I would be happy to help. Can you open an issue here https://github.com/vdesabou/alfred-spotify-mini-player/issues ?

I would need for investigation what it inside the output.log file which is located in the spotify mini player workflow folder

I've added a new command which hopefully will help for debugging:

-re-download and install workflow here Download Workflow

-Reproduce the problem with empty results when you type "spot_mini"

-then type "spot_mini_debug" command and you should have a spot_mini_debug.tgz file in your Downloads directory. Send it to me.

Cheers