Image Shrinker

Shrinks an image by reducing size of the longest side and optimize the color of the image for sharing.

The workflow accepts one image file via file action.

Download: https://github.com/Acidham/alfred-image-shrinker/releases/latest

image.thumb.png.004cc1dbdc04b23429c24ffaa1b343b6.png

Usage

ImageShrinker can be used in two ways:

1. by browsing a folder or file, select the image file and then send it via file action to ImageShrinker

2. by using Universal Actions*: select an image file in Finder, enter Universal Actions and send it to ImageShrinker

* Using Unviersal Actions: Open Alfred Preferences → Features → Universal Actions

Required

1. Alfred 5

2. Automation Task

Edited by Acidham

This is nice. Is there a way to use an image file copied to the clipboard as input? As far as I can tell the only way to use the workflow right now is by browsing a folder in Alfred, or am I missing something? Using the clipboard would truly make this useful for how I use my computer/Alfred.

23 minutes ago, dlandes said:

This is nice. Is there a way to use an image file copied to the clipboard as input? As far as I can tell the only way to use the workflow right now is by browsing a folder in Alfred, or am I missing something? Using the clipboard would truly make this useful for how I use my computer/Alfred.

You can use ImageShrinker in two ways:

1. by browsing a folder, choose a file and then send it via file action to ImageShrinker
  2. Use Universal Action in on a selected image file in Finder and then send it to ImageShrinker

Getting image file from the clipboard requires additional extensions as far as I know (e.g. Python lib or something). I would like to avoid the dependency. 

• 2 months later...

Hi I'm getting this error when running in debugger after selecting an image, running the universal action and selecting an image size - any ideas please?

ERROR: Image Shrinker[Automation Task] Task not found 'com.alfredapp.automation.core/image-manipulation/image.format.convert'

• 1 year later...
On 10/14/2022 at 5:37 PM, Acidham said:

Shrinks an image by reducing size of the longest side and optimize the color of the image for sharing.

The workflow accepts one image file via file action.

Download: https://github.com/Acidham/alfred-image-shrinker/releases/latest

image.thumb.png.004cc1dbdc04b23429c24ffaa1b343b6.png

Usage

ImageShrinker can be used in two ways:

1. by browsing a folder or file, select the image file and then send it via file action to ImageShrinker

2. by using Universal Actions*: select an image file in Finder, enter Universal Actions and send it to ImageShrinker

* Using Unviersal Actions: Open Alfred Preferences → Features → Universal Actions

Required

1. Alfred 5

2. Automation Task

Very good!!!!!

Thank you very much! I wonder if when I press the universal actions instead of "Image Shrinker" I can change the name to "Reduce image size" Is it possible?

THANK YOU FOR THIS!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2024 at 5:41 PM, Acidham said:

@jesused makes sense! I changed it and released a new version: https://github.com/Acidham/alfred-image-shrinker/releases/tag/v1.4.3

Dear friend,

I'm thinking... Now, for example, it shows " Reduce image size" in English, and it's great, much better than before! But an idea that comes to mind, what if in the panel where the plugin configuration appears, put a text field where you can customize this text field?

I think that would be excellent, for example, if you are Spanish, Chinese or French, you can put in your own language and whatever you want: "Reduce image", "Reduce image size", "Smaller image"....

Anyway, great plugin and great work!

Regards!

https://share.cleanshot.com/RJ9ZmCP8xr1p7RLVkb6Q

Edited by jesused